The Gates of Avalon

Silas walks through the woods with Arthur as they hunt, Arthur lifts his crossbow and aims at a deer through the trees

Silas walks through the woods with Arthur as they hunt, Arthur lifts his crossbow and aims at a deer through the trees. Merlin bursts through and bumps into Arthur as he's about to fire "What is it?" Merlin asks scaring the deer away. "You really are a total buffoon, aren't you, Merlin?" Arthur asks angrily. "I was just asking." Merlin responds. "Who? Me, Silas or the deer?! We're supposed to be hunting. It requires speed, stealth and an agile mind." Arthur say slapping Merlin's forehead. "So you're able to get by on two out of three, then?" Merlin comments making Silas snort, trying to hide his laughter. Just then they hear a woman scream "What was that?" Merlin asks. "Quiet." Silas tells him as they listen. "Please! Don't!" they hear a man beg. "Help!" a woman shouts. Arthur grabs his sword from Merlin, Silas copies him before they run towards the shouting.

They arrive at a clearing where a man lays on the ground as a bandit draws his sword to kill him, a young woman struggles against four other bandits "No, no, I beg you! Mercy!" the man cries. "Give us some money!" the bandit responds. "Help me! Help me!" the woman shouts. Arthur shoots one of the bandits as Silas runs over and starts fighting another one with his sword. Silas sees Merlin do a spell out the corner of his eye which causes a branch to fall on one of the bandits that was behind Arthur. Silas nods before killing the bandit he is fighting, seeing Arthur do the same to the other. Arthur looks up at the tree "Stroke of luck." he comments. "And let that be a lesson to you!" Merlin shouts after the last bandit who is running away. Arthur and Silas give him a look "What? I was covering your back." he says making Silas smirk and shake his head. The brothers turn to the man and woman, Silas helping the man up "You alright? Didn't hurt you?" Arthur asks them. The young woman turns to Arthur and removes her hood "No... Thanks to you. I'm Sophia. This is my father, Aulfric." she introduces. "Arthur Pendragon... at your service." Arthur responds, kissing Sophia's hand. "Silas Pendragon, Arthur's younger brother, this is Merlin our manservant. Please, come with us to Camelot. It is safe there and our Father may be able to help you both." Silas tells them. "Thank you that would be much appreciated." Aulfric responds.

They all head back to Camelot and stand in the council chamber before the court "My name is Aulfric, heir to Tír-Mòr. This is my daughter, Sophia." Aulfric tells the court. "You're a long way from home. What brings you to Camelot?" Uther asks. "Our home was sacked by raiders, We barely escaped with what few possessions we could carry." Aulfric explains. Silas watches Arthur who is leaning on a pillar not taking his eyes off Sophia "These are dangerous times. What will you do?" Uther asks. "We travel west to Caerleon where we have family and, I hope, a new life." Aulfric responds. "You must stay here awhile, break your journey. A noble family like yours is always welcome in Camelot." Uther says before Aulfric and Sophia leave. Arthur stares after Sophia, her doing the same making Merlin and Silas smile at each other.

Silas sits in Arthur's chambers "Make sure you put her in a decent room." Arthur tells Merlin. "The one next door's empty." Merlin responds. "The one next door's fine. Excellent, in fact." Arthur says making Merlin and Silas smile "Shut up, Merlin. You too Silas." he tells them. "What? We didn't say anything." Silas responds. "You didn't have to. I want to make it clear that my intentions towards Sophia are completely honourable. Put her in the room on the other side of the castle. It's warmer, more comfortable." Arthur tells them. "Of course. She...er...is very beautiful." Merlin says. "Yes, she is." Arthur nods. "And if your intentions are honourable..." Merlin starts. "Oh, they are. Most definitely." the eldest brother responds. "Then what's the problem with her staying next door?" Silas asks with a small smirk. "There isn't one. You've convinced me. Put her in the room next to mine." Arthur says.