The Dragon's Call

Mason Dye as Silas Pendragon

Silas stands at his window watching as a man is taken to be executed "Let this serve as a lesson to all

Silas stands at his window watching as a man is taken to be executed "Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And, pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." his Father tells his people. Thomas is taken forwards and his head placed on the chopping block. Uther raises his hand and the drops it, queuing the executioner to swing his axe. Silas looks away, flinching at the scene before him "When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin." Uther says before turning to leave. Just then a lady starts wailing "There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance! You took my son! And I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son." she tells Uther. "Seize her!" Uther tells his guards but the lady chants a spell and disappears in a whirl of wind.

The next day Silas sits at his desk drawing when his brother walks in "Come on, I managed to get Father to let you come down the the training grounds with me

The next day Silas sits at his desk drawing when his brother walks in "Come on, I managed to get Father to let you come down the the training grounds with me." Arthur tells him. Nodding Silas jumps up and grabs a jacket from his wardrobe "How did you convince him to let me out?" he asks as he puts his jacket on. "Told him that if he didn't the people would become suspicious." Arthur tells him. Silas nods "Thank you Arthur." he smiles. "You're welcome. Now come on." Arthur says pushing his arm slightly. Silas laughs and follows his brother outside.