The Lady of the Lake

Silas walks into Arthur's room, frowning "Why's Halig here?" he asks

Silas walks into Arthur's room, frowning "Why's Halig here?" he asks. "He bought a Druid girl here, she managed to escape last night. Halig and the guards are searching for her." Arthur explains. Silas frowns "What?" Arthur asks. "I might have an idea on where she is. Can you keep Halig away from the tunnels?" he asks. "Yeah, go." Arthur nods. SIlas nods and walks out, heading down to the tunnels and finding Merlin "Knew you were here." he smiles. "H-How'd you know?" Merlin frowns. "My magic recognises your magic, I'll teach you how to do it later. For now, is the girl okay? She need anything?" Silas asks. "I don't-" Merlin starts. "Merlin. I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't leave someone in need alone." Silas cuts him off. "I'll introduce you to her." Merlin tells him. Silas nods and follows Merlin "Freya? I bought a friend who is going to help. He's like us, don't worry." Merlin smiles at the girl. Silas smiles "I'm Silas, I'm going to help Merlin with helping you. I understand what it's like to be hunted and hurt for who you are." he tells her. Freya smiles shyly "Thank you." she tells him. "I've asked Arthur to keep Halig away from the tunnels." Silas tells Merlin. "Does he know?" Merlin asks. "He might, I just told him I had a hunch that she'd be here." he responds. "Okay, he won't tell Uther will he?" Merlin asks in worry. "No, he won't. I know he won't." Silas responds, Merlin nodding in response.

That evening, Silas sits with Arthur eating dinner "Would you like some water with that?" Merlin asks. "Mmm." Arthur nods. Merlin pours some water and uses his magic to knock Arthur's knife under the table, Arthur bending down to pick it up. As he does Merlin uses his magic to shoot one of Arthur's drumsticks into the pitcher, Silas doing the same with one of his own. Arthur sits up and looks at his plate "I had two drumsticks." he says. "No you didn't." Merlin shakes his head. "Merlin, I had two drumsticks." Arthur tells him. "Maybe it fell on the floor." Silas tells him. Arthur leans over to check and Merlin magically grabs the sausages, Silas trying not to laugh and the two of them "I had sausages!" Arthur exclaims, seeing his sausages gone. "You sure? They must've fallen under the table." Merlin tells him. "Merlin!" Arthur glares. "What? You can search me, I haven't taken them." Merlin tells the Prince. "Well, where have they gone?" Arthur asks. "Strange." Merlin says. "Very." Arthur responds. "Sure you didn't eat them?" Merlin asks him. "I haven't had the chance!" Arthur exclaims.

Later that evening, Silas and Arthur get word about Merlin being in a cell with Halig. The two of them rush down there in time to see Halig swing his arm back to punch Merlin "Halig! What do you think you're doing?" Arthur asks. "We caught the boy behaving suspiciously, Sire." Halig tells him. "Merlin?" Silas asks. "He could be harbouring the girl, and he's gonna tell us where." Hamid tells them. Merlin shuts his eyes, waiting to be hit. Arthur grabs Halig's arm, Silas getting Merlin out of the chair "Leave him alone. Merlin is our servant. He has our absolute trust. If you have a problem with him, you come to us. Do you understand?" Arthur asks Halig. "Sire. Goodnight, Merlin. Don't forget your dinner." Halig bows before leaving. Arthur and Silas look down to see the meat on the floor "Thank you. Ah." Merlin says, seeing them looking at the meet. "Are those my sausages?" Arthur asks. "Mmm." Merlin nods. "You took them?" Arthur asks. "To keep you in shape." Merlin says as he picks up the meat. "Are you saying I'm fat?" Arthur asks him. "No. Well, not yet." Merlin responds, Silas stifling a laugh behind his hand. "I am not fat!" Arthur exclaims. "You see? It's working." Merlin tells him. Silas shakes his head and checks that the area is clear "Merlin and I are helping Freya, the girl Halig is after." he tells his brother quietly. "Why didn't you just say so?" Arthur asks. "Because, if we get caught were don't want you in an awkward situation." Silas tells him. "Go get the food to the girl, if you need more just tell me." Arthur tells Merlin, who nods before leaving.