:Dream Aubrey: Affection

"You seem to avoid looking at me nowadays."

Aubrey stated as she was laying by the stairs beside (Y/n), who sat on the floor. Hero and Kel were playing cards, trying to pass time. In reality, they were all waiting close by Omori's door in case he wanted to visit. Aubrey and (Y/n) were very close friends. Not physically, but most definitely friendship wise!

Whenever Aubrey was injured in battle, (Y/n) would always be quick to heal her. Or whenever (Y/n) would cheer for her, she would have a huge boost of power. How the other was feeling would be their concern most times. Their relationship could even be beyond that compared to the others. But the lack of physical contact may appear to make it less.

"Why do you do that?"

Aubrey asked as she raised an eyebrow, scooting closer to poke (Y/n).

"I don't avoid looking at you. See? I'm looking at you right now!"

Aubrey shook her head.

"I mean you avoid looking whenever Omori is with us."

"Why would you... notice that?"

(Y/n) asked, as it was now their turn to raise an eyebrow.

"It's not common for someone to notice being looked at or not."

"That's not true, it is common! A-And even so, I observe things time to time!"

She exclaimed, a faint blush dusting her face as she frowned, puffing out her cheek.

"Isn't observing more of Omori's thing?"

"You make it seem like he's the only one who can do that."

Aubrey commented, sitting back up from a laying position to move closer to (Y/n). (Y/n) only scooted away a bit, not used to their space being suddenly invaded this close, especially from Aubrey, who knew about it. Had it been an accident, it would have been fine, despite it being a very noticable lack of space. But the glint in her eyes made it seem like she did it on purpose.

"Why do you avoid looking at me when Omori is near?"

(Y/n) stayed silent, which caused Aubrey to move even closer as if interrogating them.

"I just feel awkward seeing how close you are to him!"

(Y/n) exclaimed, the sudden outburst being heard for Kel and Hero, who looked over in confusion. Kel then grinned, letting out a cheer for them for an unknown reason that caught (Y/n) and Aubrey's attention. Hero gave them an awkward shrug with a smile, as they both focused back on their game, occasionally glancing over in curiosity. Aubrey's eyes were a bit widened as she looked back at (Y/n), who was trying to get up to move, but was a bit hesitant at the same time.

"Why do you feel that way?"

She asked softly, standing up the same time (Y/n) did, making sure to block their path to make sure they wouldn't escape.

"It's just that... two people getting close... is just..."

(Y/n) was blushing as they spoke slowly, getting nervous by talking about people getting close as well as how close Aubrey was to them. She was amused by their reaction, tilting her head as a mischievous smile appeared on her face.

"Is just what?~"

She asked, bending her body a bit to the side in order to get a look of (Y/n)'s face.

"(Y/N) ISN'T SAYING THE EXACT REASON!"

Kel yelled out loud, catching the attention of both Aubrey and (Y/n) once again.