:Omoriboy: Can You Hear Me

(This is blog Omori, age 18-19)

You never said a word to anyone. Laying in your room, doing the usual stuff. But this time was different actually. You sat in front of a door, knocking your hands against it. You did this a few times until you heard movement on the other side.

"Someone there...?"

A voice whispered as if to itself, footsteps moving close to the door. You immediately laid you back against the door, avoiding being seen from through the key hole.

"Can you...hear me?"

The voice asked. A boy. You banged softly on the door, trying to signal you could. He noticed, seeming to understand what you were trying to say.

"Why are you here?"

Luckily, you had a small notepad with you. You wrote in it, before ripping it out, folding it, and forcing it through the keyhole. The boy's movement was heard, the folded paper being picked up.

"...I just want to."

He read aloud softly. He hadn't spoken anything else after that, but you could feel him too lay his back against the door on the other side.

'Nice to meet you.'

You wrote down, poking it through the keyhole.

"You too."

He said.

'I have to go. I will come back again.'

You wrote and put it in the keyhole, standing up and heading out. You couldn't feel the eyes looking at you through the small hole.

.

.

.

You have been visiting him for a long time, conversations starting to get longer. Well, you didn't talk at all. Something told you not to. Not yet.

"Do you want to come in?"

You slipped the paper in the keyhole. On the very bottom was a single word.

'Yet.'

He was confused, but said nothing else. Silence raised between you both.

"I haven't said what my name was. I am Omori..."

Your eyes sparked at the name.

'I like your name. I'm (Y/n).'

Omori read the paper.

"That's a nice name."

Waiting for a moment, you looked at your watch that was in your pocket. Appearing to come out of nowhere. You wrote on the paper.

'I'll see you later, Omori. Oyasumi.'

When Omori read the paper, he felt a part of him disappointed, but the other side neutral.

"Oyasumi, (Y/n)."

.

.

.

The next day was weird. Omori wasn't saying anything. You couldn't tell if he was even there. You were writing a bunch of notes and shoving it through the keyhole, almost pricking your finger on the slightly sharp point. Just before you knew it, you had hit the cardboard part. You were out of paper for your notepad. Placing both your pencil and cardboard on the floor, you peeked through the keyhole. Your eye met another eye, making you jump away wide eyed at the keyhole, very startled. Luckily, they haven't seen your face. Imagining the eye again, you assumed that was Omori. Slowly looking through the keyhole again, he was now far from the door, his back facing it. He was looking down, with a blanket wrapped around him. You furrowed your eyebrows, trying to open the door. It was locked. You jammed your finger in, flinching at how tight it was, and how it hurt. Why did you figure that you could unlock the door with your-

'Click'

...that didn't make sense. Well, this is just a story, and the writer probably has no idea how the world works apparently. Or maybe just wants to get on with the story. Slowly opening the door, Omori didn't seem to notice. Walking towards him, you were a few inches behind him, looking down at him. He was listening to music, audible from outside his earbuds. You opened your mouth, taking a slow breath.

"C...Ca..."

"Meow."

The cat meowed at you. Looking at the cat, it laid beside Omori's laptop. It then got up, biting Omori's earbuds, and walking away.

"Hey! Bad kitty!"

Omori exclaimed, but didn't bother getting it back from the cat. All of a sudden, Omori felt tension behind him, sitting up straight.

"Can you hear me..."

Omori looked back, seeing you stand there, staring at him. He stared back in surprise.

"Yes I can..."

Omori said, standing up. You felt yourself move forward, hugging him out of nowhere.

"Omori."

"(Y/n)?"

You took his hand, placing it on where your heart should be on your chest, as it was beating fast. He then took your hand and placed it where his heart should be on his chest, it too beating fast. Both of your mouths opening, a few words flowing.

"Can you feel me?"