:Omoriboy: Sleepless

(This is blog Omori, age 18-19)

"I cannot sleep."

(Y/n) said softly, their tiresome eyes looking up at the blank ceiling. Omori blankly looked at (Y/n), before looking down at the game boy he had paused.

"You don't seem like you ever sleep."

Omori bluntly said, turning the game boy off. (Y/n) frowned, looking at him.

"Neither do you."

Omori didn't respond, his eyes staring straight at the cat that laid between the two. (Y/n) looked back down at their lap, once again spacing out, just like they always did.

"Could you tell the time...?"

(Y/n) whispered, staring up at the light bulb. Standing up, they raised their arm, hand slowly grasping the light bulb, ignoring the heat being transferred.

"Do you ever burn out?"

(Y/n) whispered again, hand slowly grabbing the light bulb tightly. Before they grabbed any tighter, a hand gripped their arm, making them release the light bulb. Looking over stood Omori, a tint of worry flashing on his face.

"What are you doing?"

(Y/n) turned their body straight to face him, Omori letting their arm go. (Y/n) raised their finger, pointing at their lips.

"O"

Omori stared.

"ya"

Omori stared.

"su"

Omori realized.

"mi"

Omori shuddered.

"Don't do that."

He said softly, pulling (Y/n) to sit down on the floor. They looked troubled, Omori trying to get them to relax. Omori had a sudden idea. After pondering to their self, (Y/n) looked around to find Omori. He was a cocoon. (Y/n) tilted their head to the side, before lying down on the ground, facing Omori. Both of them stared, silence lingering. The cat wasn't even paying much attention to the two. Omori's cheeks were then a tint of pink, the same going for (Y/n). Before they knew it, Omori had pecked (Y/n)'s lips, before hiding in his cocoon blanket in shame. (Y/n) had to process for a bit, but then smiled in a giddy way, burying their head against the blanket where Omori's head was originally at. The sudden movement caused Omori to peek out, greeted with (Y/n)'s smiling face, with closed eyes. He hasn't seen them smile in so long. Omori smiled, pushing the blanket off of him. After minutes of laying down with each other, (Y/n) let out a tiresome yawn, shaking their head.

"Here."

Omori said, opening the blanket for (Y/n) to scoot closer. (Y/n)'s cheeks burned red, shaking their head, backing away a little. Usually, Omori would've been heartbroken by that gesture, but seeing them flustered made Omori confident. He moved up, draping the blanket onto the other. He looked at their face, seeing (Y/n) stare down, obviously trying to calm down. Omori figured kissing their forehead and hugging them would help. Boy was he wrong.

"Oyasumi."

He whispered. (Y/n) was on the verge of fainting.