:Dream Hero: Appetite

"Woah, these are good Hero!"

Aubrey said in awe, munching on a cookie.

"I know, right?! Hero is so good at cooking!"

Kel exclaimed, stuffing his face with a few cookies.

"Kel, try not to eat all of it..."

Hero said with an awkward smile, watching as his young brother almost choked on them. Mari and (Y/n) watched, sitting beside each other by the picnic basket.

"Hero makes the best cookies. Actually, he makes the best anything!"

Mari told (Y/n) before taking a bite out of her cookie.

"Oh! I just remembered. Didn't you want to try cooking as well?"

(Y/n) nodded, recalling the time they had tried making cookies, only to remember how they somewhat failed at it. The cookie came out quite fluffy, possibly too much flour. However, it was very bitter. The recipe did need some sweet dark chocolate chunks, but (Y/n) had accidentally got the unsweetened one. They tried their best to eat as much as they can in order not to waste it, especially trying to make them a bit more tolerable by dipping them in a glass of milk.

"I messed up on my first batch."

(Y/n) said as they stared at the cookie in their hands, admiring how pretty and delicious it looked.

"Maybe the next time you decide to make the next one, Hero could help!"

Mari exclaimed, nudging them a bit as they winked at them.

"I don't... need any help. I'm old enough to do it myself."

"We're the same age, (Y/n)."

Mari reminded them, wiping her face with a napkin after finishing her cookie.

"I know, it's just that I want to try it out myself."

"Are you sure?"

Mari knew that sometimes (Y/n) feels like they bother those around them too much. That's not the case at all! They're still a bit young and shouldn't have to feel that way. But sadly, life doesn't seem to give out mercy the longer it exists.

"Hero! (Y/n) is thinking of baking cookies! Do you think you can help them?"

"Mari!"

(Y/n) whispered to her as they tried hiding behind their cookie.

"Come on, (Y/n). I know you want to spend some time with Hero, as well as improving on your cooking skills. This is your chance!"

"I know, but it seems too sudden!"

Hero was watching the two whisper to each other, unsure of when to respond to Mari's question.

"Y-Yeah... sure! I'd love to!"

Hero said, speaking up a bit to gain their attention.

"Great! This will be fun!"

"I can't wait to try out (Y/n)'s cookies!"

Aubrey exclaimed.

"Considering Kel is eating all of it..."

She added on, eyeing Kel, who was on their eighth cookie. Hero moved over to sit next to (Y/n), who was trying to focus on eating the cookie instead of focusing on how Hero moved closer. Maybe they're overthinking but Hero didn't have to sit closer to them in order to talk.

"Is there any type of cookie you wanted to bake?"

(Y/n) shook their head.

"Just a regular chocolate chip... I mean, it might be a chocolate chunk kind of cookie? The recipe had a part where you put both the chocolate chips and dark chocolate in it..."