:Hearts: Hearts Everywhere

"MY LIFE IS NOTHING WITHOUT SWEETHEART!"

Some sprout moles yelled before sobbing, others either sitting in silence or trying to resume their duties. (Y/n) was one of the few to try and focus on their task. Try. Sweetheart was indeed missing, hence at this point, there's not much else to do. Adjusting their bowtie, they strolled around the castle a bit.

It was not common to be able to have this much free time, Sweetheart was a very demanding person.

'Where on earth are you, Sweetheart?'

(Y/n) thought as they watched a sprout mole sulking on the couch in the corner. (Y/n) would've assumed she was visiting her family, or at least trying to. But the amount of time she's been gone isn't normal. It's been a day, that's how much of a big deal this was.

"(Y/n), can you please help with the food?"

One of the chefs asked in a nervous yet depressing tone. They nodded.

"Sure."

There wasn't a whole lot to do since (Y/n) got started early on their tasks. Preparing the food was sort of fun, something (Y/n) doesn't do a whole lot. Sure they've helped with instructions, but the job was for the chefs obviously, and (Y/n) was like a servant. Helper. Still unsure what exactly they are.

They were on close terms with Sweetheart, maybe a personal servant? Not close enough to know where Sweetheart was if she were to disappear, she basically stays in this castle for long periods of time. As (Y/n) set an example on what to do, the other chefs followed along. Given how many sprout moles existed, lots of food would be necessary. Sprout moles do love tofu, but other foods were made as well.

Perhaps, given a job or a life in the palace, they had access to such foods. It is rather nice to know they have other options in case one day they aren't feeling up to a block of tofu. As (Y/n) watched the sprout moles cook, they thought once more about Sweetheart.

'Hm... If I recall, Sweetheart ended up marrying Captain Spaceboy. But not too long did they break up, a divorce... Did they divorce that quickly? Poor Space-Ex-Husband...'

The smell of food wafted by (Y/n) which snapped them out from their thoughts.

"Oh, that smells good."

A feminine voice spoke as the sound of steps became closer. Rosa peeked in the doorway, spotting (Y/n).

"Miss Rosa."

"(Y/n)!"

Rosa exclaimed, waddling quickly over to them. She pushed them backwards away from the other chefs, backing (Y/n) into the corner.

"Have you found Sweetheart yet?"

She whispered.

"As I said, Miss Rosa, it's best we all stay."

(Y/n) spoke in a normal tone, not caring to whisper.

"It's just gonna be you going out! You're the one closest!"

"Oh, and not you?"

Miss Rosa realized her words, shaking her head in annoyance.

"I have the ability to run the place while you're gone!"

She said in a prideful tone.

"It's not just you!"

"It will be just me looking for her, though. It can go two ways."

(Y/n) rose one finger up.

"One, Sweetheart returns and notices her servant gone missing. I assume it will be hard telling her you sent me out of here to find her."