:Kel: Time

(Omori Spoilers...)

Childhood

"(YYYYYY/NNNNNNN)!!"

A voice yelled out from a distance. Looking up from the book in their hands, they shrieked as they saw Kel sprinting over to them at a fast speed. He quickly stopped in front of them, grinning at them.

"Hiya!"

"You- that has to be the most terrifying thing ever..."

"What do you mean?"

He asked as he sat down on the cool grass, leaning back.

"Seeing someone running towards you really fast is kind of scary, Kel..."

(Y/n) said, closing the book, not caring about putting a bookmark in it.

"My bad! Eheheh..."

Kel laughed as he rubbed the back of his head, still grinning widely at them.

"Whatcha reading there?"

"I... don't know. I just picked up a random book to try and read. I keep getting lost in my thoughts so I wanted to try and train myself not to..."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure."

He picked up the book from the ground, reading the title.

"What are the odds of you picking up a dictionary..."

"...I didn't know that was a dictionary. Dang it!"

(Y/n) exclaimed as they had gotten lost in their thoughts yet again. Kel laughed, closing and tossing the book left to right between his hands like a basketball.

"What are you up to, Kel?"

"Nothing much! Just working out. Playing basketball and stuff..."

He tried to say in a cool voice. The book had slipped out of his grip as it hit his face, quickly holding his nose.

"Mind if I chill with you?"

"S-Sure..."

Kel grinned widely, flopping his back on the grassy ground. (Y/n) watched as he closed his eyes, hands behind his head like a pillow as he relaxed with a smile. A light blush made its way to their face, looking off to the side, only for their eyes to slowly pull back to Kel. He opened one eye, seeing them quickly look down at the book, suddenly interested at its exterior.

"You should lay down with me!"

Kel said.

"You look a bit tense."

"Oh, uh, sure..."

(Y/n) laid on the ground, head near Kel's feet. They laid like a plank, staring up at the leaves of the tree swaying back and forth, the light sometimes peaking through as it warmed their face, thankfully not on their eye. (Y/n) heard some movement, looking over. They watched as Kel moved over to lay directly beside (Y/n), his eyes quickly glancing over at them before looking back up at the sky. Perhaps it was the placement of the sun's light, but there seemed to be a faint blush on Kel's face.

"Oh yeah. I was gonna stop by at Mari and Sunny's to hang out for a bit later on. Wanna come with me?"

Kel asked.

"Oh, sure!"

(Y/n) couldn't see the wide grin on his face upon hearing their answers. After a few minutes of laying on the ground, they began to leave the park, heading to their friend's home.