Part 34

Lia

"No. Absolutely not."

"Lorenzo, we can't keep this hidden from them. They're our family. What if my heritage causes them problems? They need to know what can happen..." I argue with a heavy sigh. I don't want to put the club at risk. If what Lorenzo told Blake is true, I'll never find peace. People or wolves might come after me due to the whole witch thing and I can't endanger my family and loved ones because of it. I won't allow anyone to hurt them because of me.

"Werewolves have been staying in the shadows for millennia. Do you really think I'll allow you to reveal our existence to a bunch of people?" Lorenzo scoffs indignantly, leaning back in his chair with his arms over his chest.

"They're trusted people. They're our family. If we tell them to keep it a secret, they will. Loyalty is everything to those guys, they won't say a word about this. You know we can't keep this hidden. What if someone comes after Lia again?" Blake reasons.

"You're putting a lot of trust in those men. Why?" Lorenzo asks curiously with a small frown.

"Because we're part of the club now." I retort, slightly enjoying the dumbstruck expression on the king's face.

"Say that again?"

"We've officially become members of the club. Let me introduce, Ghost - I point at myself - and Phantom." I gesture at Blake beside me.

"Ghost and Phantom. You're bikers now."

"Yeah..." I nod.

"You said that wolves are supposed to stay in the shadows... Coincidentally, that's also the club's motto. That's why they're called Shadow Warriors." Blake smirks. Oh, Cakey, you're so smart.

"Are you serious? - Lorenzo says unimpressed - You call that an argument?"

"What? - I shrug - It makes sense." I grin cheekily.

"Maybe for you. Damn it, Lia! You know how outrageous this idea is yet you still ask me this!" Lorenzo exclaims loudly, staring at us with disbelief.

"Lorenzo, I know it sounds weird, but... we need to do this. I can't keep this a secret. I'm a witch that will live for a very long time without aging. My hair turned grey overnight, I have a mark on my entire arm, I'm fireproof, I can shoot lightning like nothing and I can heal people. How am I supposed to hide it?"

"Can't you leave the club?" Lorenzo suggests, getting an annoyed sigh from both me and Lia.

"No, we can't. Once you're a Shadow Warrior, you remain it until death."

"Then you're going to be part of the club for hundreds of years... How do you intend to keep your identity a secret among the bikers for so long?"

"I already know how." I state, throwing a glance at Blake. He knows what I'm planning. I've told him what my idea is and he agreed with me it will be the best way to stay with the club but not inconvenience them.

"Mind telling me?" The king implores.

"Do I have your approval?" I counter.

Lorenzo only growls lowly in frustration, realizing that I won't give up on this. "Fine. You can tell your family."

"And the club?"

"Damn you... - Lorenzo groans - And the club."

"Thank you, Lorenzo. I really appreciate it."

"Now tell me what you're going to do." The king orders.

"Nope. - I grin teasingly - Not telling you."