Part 17

Blake

When I come back from my shopping spree, I decide to check up on my Kitten. She's been staying with Lorenzo this whole time.

Besides, I miss my girl.

The farther I am from my kitten, the worse I feel. That's why I try to not leave her side. It's like a... separation anxiety at this point.

And I have no idea where it came from. We used to be completely fine being apart from each other, but with time, it changed. The closer we got, the more difficult it became to part.

I quietly walk into the basement, anxious to see my girl, but when I finally reach Lorenzo's cell, I'm met with the sight of Lia sitting on a crate, staring blankly at the floor. Something's not right.

"What did you do to her?" I snarl at Lorenzo, who's casually sitting by the bars.

"Why do you think I did something?!" He growls, sounding a little different than usual. It must be the wolf.

"It's not his fault, babe. - Lia mutters quietly, giving me a small smile - I'm just thinking about something."

I kneel by my girl and gently take her face in my hands, making her look at me. "What's wrong?" I ask frantically, slightly frightened by the worried frown on Lia's face.

"Lia is a witch." The wolf declares seriously and I whip my head at him in shock. What?!

"What's that supposed to mean?! She takes care of your mate and you call her a witch? Are you fucking serious?!" I yell at him, getting increasingly frustrated. How dare he call her names after all she's done for him and Ivy?!

"He didn't mean it like that. My... great-grandmother was a witch. A real witch. And it seems that I am too."

"You're serious?" I frown confusedly.

"Absolutely. There's no use denying it..." Wolf mutters, staring at my kitten worriedly.

I can't help but let out a heavy sigh at this. What am I supposed to say about that? What can I say about that?

Nothing.

Lia is Lia.

She'll always be my kitten, no matter if she's an angel, a demon, or even a witch.

Nothing will change the way I feel about her.

She can sprout wings for all I care and it still won't change anything.

"What's wrong baby? Why are you so sad?" I whisper quietly, pulling Lia into my arms.

"I don't know what to think about it all. Magic, witches, wolves... it's too much."

"It scares you..." I conclude knowingly.

"I hate the unknown. I hate not knowing." She grumbles in frustration, putting her small arms around me, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I know." I smile, making Lia giggle quietly.

"You're ridiculous sometimes." She laughs, kissing my neck softly.

"I know that, too. Don't worry, baby, we'll be fine. I know we will." I assure, pressing a loving kiss to her head.

"I hope you're right." Lia mumbles tiredly. I guess it's time for her to take a nap. She stayed up the whole night and it's finally catching up to her.

I gently pick up my girl, intending to take her to the bedroom so she can rest, but before I can even move, wolf's voice stops me.

"Hey, let me out!" He gets up from the floor, giving me a demanding look through the bars.