Part 7

Blake

The second I get the text from my kitten saying there's a situation, I know it's not good, so I quickly put on my jacket and rush downstairs.

"What's going on?" I ask my girl when I see her stomp through the common room.

"Kat was taken." She retorts shortly before we head to my car outside. "We got the location. I already sent it to Don." Lia announces to Killer, Don and Doc as they wait by their car, ready to leave.

I drive like a madman to the place my kitten found, leaving the guys far behind me. My Mustang is made for speed, their SUV is not, so Lia and I are most likely going to get to Katherine first.

"How do you know she's there?" I ask as I pass by another car.

"I put a tracker in Kat's hair this morning. After she told me and Mags about her mother and that fucker Bernard, I asked Finn to make a bunch of tiny trackers and get them on bobby pins, piercings, necklaces, bracelets and even anklets so I can give them to the ladies if necessary. Jewelry more often than not stays on a person when they're taken by someone. Maybe necklaces not so much, but earrings are kind of hard to take off. Most people don't even suspect that their 'victim' might be wearing a tracker, so they don't look for it." Lia explains, getting a nod from me. I get where my girl is coming from.

After all the shit that happened to us, we'd rather be safe than sorry.

Even Lia and I are wearing small trackers on us all the time. I have two to be exact – one in my eyebrow piercing and the other in my ear piercing. Lia has three, one in the ring I got for her and two in her ear and belly button piercings. I had no idea she even had her belly button pierced until she got a package from Finn with the tiny piece of silver and casually put it on.

My girl is full of surprises, I'm not gonna lie.

"Woah, who the fuck is that?" I exclaim loudly when a beat down Toyota nearly crashes into me as we near the place Katherine's supposedly at.

"This bitch! That's Gloria, Kat's mother!" Lia snarls.

"How do you know?"

"Killer described her for me. This woman matches his description. Fuck, fuck, fuck, this is not good. I have a bad feeling." My kitten starts fidgeting, eager to have all of this resolved as soon as possible. I can't say I don't understand. This is not good. I can tell that there's something really wrong going on. After being with my kitten for so long and having to look over my shoulder, I can sense trouble before it strikes.

The moment I stop the car in front of the shabby little house, Lia jumps out of it and runs inside the building, having to literally kick the door open. I follow right behind her, heading straight to the second floor, not missing the scared, pained cries coming from there that undoubtedly belong to Katherine. Fuck, I hope we're not too late.

I reach the room where the sounds come from just in time to see my girl kick a guy away from Kat's body. She unleashes her fury on him, kicking his gut and face with no remorse. Not that I blame her. Considering the state Kathie's in and the guy's unbuckled pants, it's obvious what he tried to do. Scumbag!

I quickly take off my jacket, intending to cover Kathie up a bit, not minding my kitten as she beats the asshole up. She can kill him for all I care. He deserves it.

"Everything's okay now, Kathie. – I tell the scared girl gently, trying to pick her up from the floor, only to stop when she cries out in pain – What's wrong?" I question worriedly.

"I think... I think he broke my rib. And my wrist." Kathie pants, barely catching her breath.

"Shit!" I snarl. This is bad. Not wasting a moment, I pull out my phone and dial Don. "Don, we need Doc here and a stretcher. Kathie is hurt." I tell him before hanging up.