Part 24

Very long chapter ahead 😋(over 4k words) 😋

Lia

I help my poor Cakey get to the bedroom, where I help him lie on the bed, getting immediately pulled onto him with surprising strength. I can't say I'm not stunned by how strong my Cakey has gotten. I always thought it was because of how much he was training, but for the last three months, he hasn't been playing football and the amount of workout he got was cut down by a lot. Now we only work out in the gym to stay in shape and then we have a sparring session. Compared to how much Blake was training when he was on the football team, that's not a lot yet he still keeps getting stronger and stronger...

He got bigger too.

Over the last two years, I watched him exchange his whole wardrobe quite a few times. He just grows out of his clothes at an alarming rate. It's like he hasn't stopped growing... Right now he is already as tall as my dad, standing at proud 6'6", almost 6'7". Not to mention how buff he got over the last two years...

Damn, my Cakey is a sight to behold. Every day, I fall more and more in love with him. Not just his looks, that's not important to me, but with him. He's filled the void in my heart and he's been staying there ever since.

I lie contentedly on the bed with Cakey's head buried in my boobs as he uses them for his pillows again, just stroking his hair softly. I love touching him, no matter when, where or how. I just have to feel his skin or hair under my fingertips, at all times.

I'm now at the point where having to be away from my man is literally painful. Even if he goes to do some shopping without me, I feel this ache in my chest that increases the longer my Cakey is away. I will never forget the pain I felt when I went to see my dad in Chicago a while ago.

It was... horrifying. I had no idea what was happening. I thought I was going to die. All of a sudden, I couldn't talk, I couldn't move, I couldn't even breathe. I could only cry in agony as the pain got worse until I finally passed out. Dad said he thought I was having a heart attack, but when he took me to my hospital, the doctors had no idea what was happening. I was fine.

Only I wasn't.

It was only after dad took me to Blake's house that I got better. At first I didn't really believe that all it took for me to be okay was being with Cakey. It didn't make sense to me.

Now it does.

I was sick because I was away from Cakey. And he was sick because he was away from me.

We're connected in a way that's much deeper than I would've ever anticipated and I think it's all because of my witch heritage. Blake is my... mate, as weird as it sounds, and I just can't bear to be without him anymore.

A soft knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts so, covering Blake's ear, I call out for the person outside to come in.

"Hi." Ivy greets quietly, hesitantly walking in.

"Hey. Sorry about this, but he's quite drunk and I couldn't get him off me." I chuckle, gesturing at my sleeping Cakey.

"It's fine. - Ivy smiles, walking over to the bed to sit on the edge of it - There's a... problem. Ren got a call from... Alex. We learned that he's in Colorado, so Ren wants to go there." She tells me tentatively, frowning in worry.

"Alright. - I nod - So what do you want me to do?" I think I have an idea, but I want to hear her say it.

"I was wondering... - yeah? - if you could maybe come with us. I know it's a lot to ask! - Ivy rants nervously - I just thought that it would be a good idea to have you two with us, since you've been so helpful and kind and you could maybe help us find out what's going on..." She adds hastily.