Part 48

Tank watches amusedly as his sworn sister forces Warren into a corner. The guy is completely clueless that he was just caught in a trap and it's beyond entertaining to watch him squirm uncomfortably under Lia's scrutiny.

"I... I couldn't call the cops. The guy's a loanshark and Sheila borrowed money from him. - Warren tries to defend himself, avoiding Lia's hard gaze - How could I possibly explain this situation to the cops?"

"So your wife was kidnapped because of her debt and you say you didn't bother to call the cops because you didn't know how to explain the situation? - Lia scoffs, leaning back in her seat with her arms folded over her chest - Do you seriously think I'm stupid enough to believe it? I've dealt with loansharks before. I know how serious they are about getting their money back. Calling the police should've been the first thing to do. The fact that you didn't do that is strange, to say the least." The girl raises her brow at the man, smirking smugly.

Congratulations Warren, you played yourself.

"So you won't help me? Blake, we're family! You have to help me! Sheila is your aunt!" Warren turns to Blake in despair.

"Now you're pulling the 'we're family' card, huh? - Blake scoffs, not at all bothered by the man's words - Sheila may be my mother's sister, but the moment my parents died, it ended. And then she even dared to accuse my woman of having something to do with the accident. That's not something I can forgive. When it comes to me, Sheila is just a random woman that got in trouble because of her own stupidity and is now suffering the consequences of her choices. There's nothing I can or want to do about it." He states seriously, leaving Warren speechless. He was sure that his nephew would help him. With him being part of an outlaw biker gang, he could've saved Sheila from Sawyer and paid off her debt. But instead he denies any responsibility and washes his hands of the problem. Warren had no idea that Blake was such a cold-hearted and cruel man.

"Are you really surprised, Warren? - Lia says after a moment - Your wife wasn't exactly understanding of my man's situation after what happened to his parents, so why would he be considerate of her now?"

"Sheila said you have bad influence on Blake, but I didn't believe it at first. Now I see she was right." Warren snarls at Lia, glaring at her with pure hatred. "You're a heartless and cruel witch that cares about no one... It's because of you that Blake is turning his back on his family. He's become just like you!"

"You have no idea... - Blake mutters with a chuckle, putting his arm around Lia's shoulders and pressing a kiss to her head - And I wouldn't have it any other way." He smirks smugly, enjoying the betrayed look on Warren's face. This betrayal is just what Blake felt when Sheila accused Lia of being involved in the crash.

"Unbelievable. - Warren shakes his head incredulously - You've really changed, Blake. I don't even recognize you anymore. Fine, you don't want to help me, I'll find Sheila on my own!" He shoots up from his seat angrily, throwing one last glare at the young couple in front of him before walking to the door.

"Not so fast. - Tank's stern voice stops Blake's uncle from leaving - There's one more thing we need to settle, don't you think?"

"What thing?" Warren implores confusedly.

Tank goes to his desk and takes a file out of the top drawer before throwing it onto the coffee table in front of Lia and Blake, making a bunch of photographs fall out. "Why don't you explain this?" He points at the pictures.

Warren takes one glimpse at the incriminating photos then turns to Blake with wide eyes, fearing his reaction. "It's not what it looks like. I swear. I had nothing to do with that! Those are fabricated!" He bemoans in despair.