Part 30

Blake

Those few minutes while my kitten is asleep are the most nerve-wracking moments in my life. Barely two minutes - yes I've been checking the clock - after Lia falls asleep, her hair gets much longer and... turns grey... What is the meaning of this?!

I let go of Lia's hand and lie next to her on the bed, holding onto her in pure desperation. "Come back, kitten. Please." I murmur into her ear, kissing her head softly, silently hoping she can somehow feel it.

After what feels like forever but is only few minutes, my kitten wakes up with a start, gasping quietly. "Blake!" She sighs in relief, lunging at me and wrapping her arms tightly around my neck as she trembles in my arms. "Oh god, I missed you so much!" She cries out, cupping my face and peppering it with kisses. I gently grab onto her head and pulls her in for a deep kiss, holding her snugly against me as we sit on the bed.

"I missed you so much! I love you! I love you! I love you!" Lia says between kisses, leaning against me with heavy relieved sigh.

"I missed you too, kitten. Those few minutes were a nightmare without you." I tell her honestly, rocking her in my arms.

"Minutes?" Lia leans away with a confused frown.

"Yeah. You were asleep for... - I check the clock - eight minutes to be exact."

"That fucking bitch! She told me it would be much longer!" My girl exclaims angrily. What?

"What? Kitten, what's going on?" I ask frantically.

"I was... in a dream... for eighty years. I had no idea it's been minutes here..."

Hold up. Eighty years?!

"That would explain why you're grey now." I joke, trying to somehow ease the tension in my kitten.

"I'm what?" Lia gets off the bed and rushes to the bathroom, with me following right behind her. She inspects her long hair, frowning in disbelief when she sees they're almost white. "I thought that it changed only in that dream..."

"That's not the only thing that changed. The mark on your arm now reaches your neck and your bruise has fully healed." I tell her, putting my arms around her waist from behind to hold her close to me.

"It looks like everything that happened there had also happened here, just faster..." Lia concludes, staring at her mark through the mirror. It really looks like an intricate sleeve tattoo...

"Where are the others?"

"Downstairs. Do you want to talk to them?" I implore, rubbing Lia's waist gently.

"Yeah, They should know what I learned."

"Alright then." I smile at her lovingly. I trust her judgment.

I quickly help my kitten change her clothes into something more comfortable then lead her to the living room, where we find the Kingstons. Lorenzo and Ivy are nowhere to be found, but it's not long before they join us.

The moment Lorenzo enters the house, Lia stomps over to him and delivers a harsh slap to his face. "That's for doubting me." She sneers. I glance curiously at Ivy, expecting her to be at least angry that Lia hit her mate, but she just gapes at her friend in pure shock, seemingly too stunned to react. Guess she didn't expect my girl to change so much over the last few minutes...

Lia comes back to me and casually sits on my lap, leaning her back against my chest. "Take a seat, wolf king. It's time to talk." She orders sternly and I kiss the top of her head sweetly. My cute kitten is in her serious mode now.