Part 45

The moment Lia and Blake enter the Cage, they're greeted by a huge crowd cheering and chanting the Ghost's name. Lia can easily say she didn't expect such welcome.

"People, our queen has come back!" The MC shouts into the mic, making everyone turn to the entrance where Lia and Blake are standing in stunned silence. "Let's welcome our queen and king!"

The whole audience bellows Ghost's name, chanting it as the couple walks over to the ring. Lia only smiles under her mask, but Blake looks around the arena, checking if the reactions are genuine. Everyone looks to be happy about Lia coming here. She really is popular at the Cage.

After a quick chat with the MC, the couple goes to the VIP box, from where they're going to watch the first fight of the night before Blake gets his turn. It seems that Prince isn't here yet.

"Nervous?" Lia asks teasingly, putting her hand on Blake's thigh and patting it gently.

"Of course not. I was trained by the best." Blake smirks, remembering the 'training' he got from Tyson a while ago. It was arduous and exhausting, but the effort was worth it. He's not the weak teenager he used to be. And the skills he learned help him control his newly-acquired strength better. "That toothpick won't even be a challenge. I can feel it."

"Of course he won't. He would have to be an experienced wolf to pose a threat to you." Lia smiles, grasping Blake's hand and entwining her fingers with his affectionately.

The couple watches the fights critically, not minding the stares and whispers around them as people gossip about 'the queen's return'. They speculate about whether the Ghost is back for good, if she's going to fight again, for how long she's going to be here and if the rumor about her being part of a biker gang is true. The quiet whispers are slightly annoying for Blake's sensitive hearing, but he doesn't show it. He just concentrates on watching the fighters in the ring as he waits for his opponent to arrive.

Until he catches sight of the 'Prince', who shows up almost an hour later than he should've. The fight should've started an hour ago, but the fucker didn't come on time! Obnoxious fuck. He's young, maybe even close to Blake's age. He looks like the typical prince from a fairy-tale. Perfectly styled hair, expensive attire, confident strides and an arrogant smirk on his face. It's like he doesn't know where he is. Who comes to a fight with so much jewelry on them? Idiot.

But it's not Prince that catches Blake's attention. It's the woman beside him. She's completely stolen Lia's look as Ghost. Red hair, red eyes and a black skull mask. The audacity of this bitch is astounding.

"Now, let's get to the most important event, people! - the MC shouts into his mic after talking to Prince and his woman for a moment - We were supposed to witness our king's fight against Prince, but apparently it's not going to happen. Prince and Princess have challenged Ghost and Phantom, our royal couple, for a fight!"

Lia and Blake exchange shocked looks then turn to the MC and nod slowly in agreement. If Prince and his copycat woman want to challenge them, then so be it. They need to be taught a lesson. You don't demand a fight against someone and then show up late. Especially when you challenge someone who's much higher in the hierarchy than you. Such blatant disrespect is not tolerated here.

Ghost and Phantom walk confidently towards the octagon, hand-in-hand, with stern looks on their face to assert their dominance here. The young couple that dared challenge them will regret it. Of course, challenges are not forbidden, but they happen differently. The Cage has a caste system and there are strict rules that need to be followed. You don't show up and challenge whomever you want. You don't challenge a ranked fighter without a notice, you don't show up late for a fight, you don't disrespect your opponent and you definitely don't challenge the Ghost's authority.