Part 28

Blake

I'm in the middle of making some sandwiches and coffee for my kitten when I notice Lorenzo and Leo rush through the lawn. I immediately know that something's happened at the clinic, so I leave the food and run to the back of the property, only to see Thea and Lorenzo fight against a huge grey wolf and Lia standing by the clinic, shaking slightly.

As soon as I reach her, I pull her into my arms and hold her tightly against my chest, feeling pure panic surge through me when I notice the dark bruise on my girl's neck. "What the fuck happened?!" I yell angrily, demanding answers.

"He attacked us." Lia pants heavily, watching the brutal fight in front of us with wide eyes.

"Why would he do that..." I wonder out loud. It doesn't make sense for Alex to attack the person who helped him. But it's not important.

In just a second I could've lost the love of my life. It would take Alex only a moment to rip Lia to shreds. Never before have I felt as terrified as I do now. I know my kitten isn't weak, but her strength doesn't match that of a mad werewolf.

I could've lost her...

"Are you alright?" Ivy gasps fearfully, grasping gently onto Lia's arm.

"I'm okay..." Lia responds distractedly, too focused on watching the fight.

Lorenzo and Thea are trying to subdue the mad wolf, but he's not responding to their words. "Back down!" The king orders and in a split second, everyone around us is on their knees. Well, everyone except for Leo and Ivy.

"It won't work. He was turned into an Undead. - Lorenzo informs - He's going through his first bloodlust, there's no way to reason with him."

"Oh no, what are they going to do now?" Ivy gasps quietly, staring worriedly at the chaos in front of her.

"They have to use force." Leo sighs heavily, turning into his huge black wolf and taking a protective stance in front of us.

"I'd rather not stare at your ass, thank you very much." Lia jokes, making me chuckle quietly. She's so strange sometimes.

"You're impossible." I squeeze her tightly and turn to the fight in front of us. Leo only shakes his big head at my girl and turns back into his human, quickly putting on some shorts that one of the guards throws at him. I guess none of them are going to intervene.

I watch in astonishment as Thea charges at Alex then jumps at the last second and delivers a powerful kick to the wolf's spine, breaking it into pieces if the crunching sound is anything to go by. "Yield!" She roars at the whimpering wolf as he tries to squirm away from her.

Yet even her command doesn't work on Alex.

Lorenzo must notice it too and quickly turns into his wolf, circling Alex like a true predator. Despite their differences, Lorenzo and Thea work really well together. While Lorenzo blocks Alex's way and keeps him from coming closer to us, Thea attacks him mercilessly. They obviously try to keep the guy alive, but I don't see the point in it. If I could, I'd kill him instantly, just like he tried to do to my kitten.

I notice Lia glancing curiously at all the wolves kneeling nearby. She frowns cutely at the sight, but doesn't ask.

"They're responding to King's authority. - Leo tells her - I'm tempted to do the same, to be honest, but I need to be ready to protect you if things went haywire." Hmm... that's interesting.

"Why isn't Alex the same?" I question, tensing slightly when Thea smashes into the feral wolf again, crushing his bones.

"He is. - Leo retorts - But he's so deep into his bloodlust that he doesn't react to their words. The only way to subdue him is to make his wolf submit."