Part 47

Just like Blake suspected, both Joanna and Sheila were involved in his parents' death. They were working together with that Sawyer guy.

Who's currently pointing a gun at Lia in their kitchen.

"Either you sign off your shares to me, or I blow her brains out." Sawyer smirks sinisterly.

"I thought the shares were supposed to go to Sheila so she could pay off her debt..." Lia chuckles, sipping on her coffee casually. She's not fazed by the gun pointed at her head. She's already melted the barrel so it won't fire.

Sawyer just doesn't know it yet.

"Change of plans. They'll go to me. - Sawyer laughs before turning to Blake - I'll get what I'm owed and more. Now sign the fucking paper if you don't want your woman to die."

"She won't die. - Blake states seriously after Lia gives him a discreet sign that the gun is taken care of - And you won't get anything, so you can be on your way. And tell Sheila she'll get what she deserves."

"And what is that?"

"Death. She killed my parents for money. I won't let it slide."

"Why aren't you even a bit afraid? I have a gun pointed at your woman's head!" Sawyer snarls angrily, losing his cool.

"Yeah, you do. But it doesn't matter. The gun won't fire anyway." Blake smirks smugly, going to Lia and pulling her to his side.

Sawyer stares at the couple for the longest moment before lowering his gun with a heavy sigh. "Fuck this shit. - he grumbles - You're not scared of me, it's no use threatening you."

"You're right. It's no use. - Lia grins - Want some coffee? I've just made it." She offers, getting an incredulous scoff from Sawyer and a chuckle from Blake. His woman is truly remarkable.

"I'll gladly take it. Thank you." Sawyer sighs lightly, tucking away his gun before taking a seat at the island. "I've never met anyone like you two, I swear to god. Usually my job is easier."

"Your job?" Blake asks, sitting in front of Sawyer as Lia places a mug with coffee in front of him.

"I'm a debt collector. You'd be surprised how many people borrow money then don't pay it back. My job is to take what's owed by whatever means possible."

"And what's your connection to my aunt?" Blake questions sternly.

"She borrowed money from me then couldn't pay it back. When I came to get what's mine, she told me about the company and how much it's worth. I had no idea she'd kill someone to get it." Sawyer sighs heavily, running his hand through his hair uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I didn't think she'd do that either... - Blake nods - But it doesn't matter now. She did what she did and now she'll pay for it."

"What about Joanna, though? - Lia chimes in - What's her role in this? She was at the crash site. We have proof of that."

"Joanna? What about her?" Sawyer frowns confusedly.

"She's been frequently in contact with you for the last few months." Lia says.

"Of course she has. We're together." Sawyer declares indignantly.

"What?!" "You're shitting me!" The couple exclaims simultaneously, both equally dumbfounded by the revelation.

"What's so surprising about that?" The debt collector implores curiously. He doesn't understand the couple's reaction.

"She's my aunt! - Blake exclaims defensively - She's my father's sister!"