Part 65

While Blake manages the Knights' organization, Lia works at her hotel, setting everything up and preparing for the grand opening. She's already gotten a few calls from Mauer about a couple whose daughter was recently assaulted on her way from school and doesn't cope well. Supposedly, the girl has gone to four different therapists, but quit after just one session, so the parents were looking for someone who would be willing to help their child. Lia instantly understood the issue and offered to take the girl in. She will be staying at the hotel for a while, along with a few other people that have reached out to Lia. The news really spread fast... Officer Mauer, or rather Chief Mauer, has also asked Lia about the protection service she's providing, asking if she'd be willing to take in a seventeen-year-old girl that's a witness in a really messy case the police are investigating. It's supposedly about a murder, but Mauer couldn't reveal too much. He just wanted to put the girl somewhere safe until the culprit is found and sentenced.

Of course, Lia agreed.

But first, the hotel has to be fully ready.

"Put that table in the middle of the room, please." Lia tells the workers she hired, before turning to Giselle, who's been overseeing the remodeling with her. "I can't believe you managed to get it done so quickly. From what I heard, it takes around two months to make something this big."

"The guy is an old friend of mine. I often order things from him, so I'm pretty much his VIP customer at this point."

"That's some really useful information. I might use it in the future."

"Sure thing. If there's anything you want made, just let me know." Giselle grins warmly at Lia. When she first heard about her from Tyson, she couldn't believe the amount of pain and trauma the girl went through, but now she sees the young woman in a completely different light. She's not weak. She's much stronger than anyone gives her credit for. And her compassion is admirable. She actually set up a place for other people like her, people who suffered horrible experiences, to give them the peace and support they need. Not to mention Lia's relationship with her dad. Those two are absolutely adorable and their love runs so deep that no one will ever be able to get between them. Giselle has quickly accepted the fact that Lia will always be the most important person in Tyson's life and she doesn't mind. She actually loves Tyson even more because of that. He cares about his daughter the way she wanted her kids' father to care for them. Unfortunately, the guy was a coward and ran away as soon as he heard about Giselle being pregnant. Tyson is different. Lia is not his biological daughter, but he doesn't care about that. He sees her as his baby and nothing will change his mind. What's more, he even accepted Giselle's children and said that he already thinks of them as his. He said that once Giselle becomes his wife, her kids will legally become Tyson's and will bear his last name.

How could anyone not love that man?

"Oh, come on! Stop it!" Lia laughs, easily recognizing the dazed look on Giselle's face. "You always daze off when you think about my dad, I swear to god."

"As if you're any different. - Giselle smirks - Should I tell you what you look like when you think of your husband?"

"No need. But what can I say? My husband is dreamy. Just the thought of him brings a smile to my face." Lia smiles cheekily, getting a soft chuckle from the older woman.

"Did you get any news on that girl that's supposed to come here?" Giselle implores curiously as the women walk to the lounge, where Duma is setting up the network communications and technical systems for the hotel.

"Yeah. I've already talked to her parents and told all the others to come tomorrow. There's going to be nine people at first, but I've heard from one of the therapists I've contacted that there'll be more."