Part 1

Lia

The last months were a nightmare. A bad dream that I just couldn't wake up from. Both Blake and I went through shit that really put our sanity to a test.

I wish my Cakey didn't have to go through so much because of me.

It hurts to see the person you love be in pain. And my darling Cakey was hurting... because of me and my messed up life.

That's why we've decided to take a break. From everything.

We're going back to Walford.

At least we're trying to.

CAUSE WE'RE STUCK IN FUCKING TRAFFIC!!!

"I'm going to go crazy, I'm telling you." Blake grumbles in annoyance as he stops the car again after moving barely few yards.

"Only sixteen more hours, babe. We'll make it. – I assure him with a smile – I hope." I add quietly. We've been stuck for almost two hours now, I'm starting to think it would've been better to just fly to Iowa.

"I'm telling you, kitten, as soon as we get out of this damn roadblock, I'm heading straight to a hotel and we're taking a nap. Standing in traffic is more tiring than actual driving."

"I know. I was thinking the same thing." I sigh heavily, grasping onto Blake's hand and massaging it gently. He's been clutching onto the gear stick with so much tension his whole hand is unbelievably stiff.

It takes us two more hours to get out of the traffic, and when we finally move, Blake heads straight towards the nearest town in search of a nice hotel so we can get some sleep. We'll continue our journey tomorrow.

Thankfully, the rest of the trip is peaceful and goes according to plan. We arrive a bit later than expected, but it's not that bad considering the amount of time we lost in that damn roadblock.

Since our intention is to get rest after the whole clusterfuck back in Berkeley, we're going to stay at my house instead of Sam and Jared's. They have work and stuff, so we don't want to disturb them. Just because we have a break doesn't mean everyone else does.

And that's why we're going to bother the bikers. I can't wait to make fun of them. Their reactions are even better than my brothers'.

Besides, Tank called a while ago saying that Squirrel wants to see me cause she's missed me. Adorable Squirrel.

"Why are you up already?" Blake whines sleepily as I walk out of the bathroom, throwing his arm over my pillow and burying his face in it. Ever since we came back here a week ago, he's been sleeping in every single morning. It's been a real struggle to get out of his hold as he squeezed me tightly in his sleep. My sweet sleepyhead.

"I'm going to see Squirrel and the girls. Tank called earlier and asked me to watch them while the guys are gone. – I tell him, sitting down on the bed beside him to stroke his back gently – Wanna join me?"

"Why so early?" Cakey grumbles sulkily, putting his arm around me to pull me to him. "We could've just slept in..."

"We've already slept in, babe. It's almost noon." I tease my man, leaning down to kiss his head. "Wanna come with me to the clubhouse?"

"Maybe later. I'm supposed to see dad about, you know... the thing." Ooooh, that.

"Okay, then. It can't be delayed, can it?" I smirk knowingly. My darling Cakey and his dad are working on something that my fantastic man wants to keep a secret for some reason. It's supposed to be a surprise for Valentine's Day. It must be a big one, since Cakey has been working on it for the whole week and it's still 'nowhere near ready'. His words, not mine.