Part 46

Blake stares at Wrench in stunned silence, too shocked about what he revealed to even speak. He has to be kidding. It can't be true. It's too fucked up to be true.

"Are you sure?" Lia gets over her shock faster than her man and finally speaks.

"Hundred percent. There was water glass in the tank. The brakes were tempered with and there was sugar in the engine. Someone wanted to make sure your parents wouldn't come back from their cabin..." Wrench sighs, shaking his head. He checked the car ten times to be sure, but every time he got the same results.

Someone was trying to kill Blake's parents.

Blake stares blankly at the pictures Wrench took of his father's car, feeling the ice in his heart turn into flames as he thinks of what he just heard. "And my car?" He questions, checking if he was also the target.

"I checked it too, just in case. - Wrench gets another file and places it on the table - It wasn't easy, considering the state it was in, but I found something interesting. Take a look at the first picture. It's a screenshot from the video your camera registered."

Blake takes the picture from the file to get a closer look, only to snarl in fury when he notices the very distinctive and very familiar blonde head. The woman is standing behind the 18-wheeler that killed Blake's parents. Stupid bitch thought about putting a mask on, but not about hiding her hair.

"Do you recognize her?" Tank implores when he notices the angry look on Blake's face. It's clear he knows whoever is in the picture.

"That's... my dad's sister... I was wrong all along. It wasn't Sheila who was behind this shit, it was Joanna..." Blake sighs heavily, finally putting two and two together. That explains why she wasn't at the funeral...

"It's your aunt?! Are you serious?!" Wolf exclaims, absolutely flabbergasted just like the rest of the men.

"I'm sure. I would recognize that blonde bitch everywhere." Blake sneers, showing Lia the picture. "Remember her?"

"Of course, how could I forget? - Lia scoffs - She called me a gold-digging whore when we met. Fucking bitch, I wanted to bash her face in then, but now... Now she's dead."

"That she is. - Blake agrees, taking a hold of Lia's hand and squeezing it gently - I want her to suffer like she hasn't suffered before. I want her to feel the same pain my parents felt when the truck was squishing them in the car. I want that whore to know exactly how they felt when they were dying because of her." He growls lowly, nearly blowing up in fury. The fire that spreads through his body is both soothing and terrifying. His whole body feels as if it's going to burst into flames. It takes him a moment to realize that the heat is not his.

It's Lia's.

She's as pissed about this as him, but she doesn't show it. She keeps this fury inside, letting it brew for when Joanna is finally in their hands.

"You two, don't do anything rash. I know you're mad, but you're not alone in this. We're on your side, just let us help." Tank tries to placate the couple, easily realizing what their cold looks mean. They're planning that woman's death and it won't be pretty.

"How do we get this bitch?" Lia sneers, holding onto Blake's hand tightly.

"First, we need solid proof she was behind the accident. Try to get that trucker to confess, gather info on the woman and whoever may have been working with her." Tank reasons.

"What more proof do you need?! That bitch was there right after the accident! Why would she be there at that exact moment when she lives all the way in Michigan?! - Lia exclaims angrily, panting heavily as she tries to keep her temper in check and not burn everything around her - What business did she have to be there, especially at that moment?!"