Chapter Twenty two

Cora sat frozen in place and eyes widened in horror as she watched the scene unfold infront of her. Jonathan was fast, grabbing Mr. Fazul by his throat then raining his hard fists on the poor man's face.

Lan tried to hold back Jonathan only for him to be sent tumbling down by a mere shove from Jonathan. Though both Jonathan's and Lan's build were similar, the panicked green eyed man was no match for Jonathan's strength. Lan grabbed the stair rail next to him to break his fall.

Jonathan was furious and judging from the artistic wounds forming on Mr. Fazul's face by the second. The emotion was not going to die down soon. Mr. Fazul struggled to break the blows using his arms but Jonathan was skillfully accurate ensuring that Mr. Fazul received each administration.

" Please, stop ! " Frost yelled and with Gregory's help, they managed to hold a raging Jonathan back.

" He should stay...away ! " He rasped his voice so rough that Cora flinched.

" Mask boy, don't you think whether I stay away or not is not exactly your decision to make, " Mr. Fazul daringly said and smirked despite his bloody face.

" How dare he ! " He lunged forward but was still held back by the two men.

" You stay away ! Stay away from ...her ! "

" Hmm ! Don't you think such a directive should come from the lady herself and not you besides given that she never pushed me away , it would be right to conclude that she enjoyed it as much as - "

A slap silenced him. Cora staring down at him in anger.

" I've never meet someone who manages to sound so intelligent but so stupid at the same time except for you. Don't you know when to shut that stupid thing ? " Frost glared.

" Such irony coming from you, " Mr. Fazul countered .

" Boys ! " Lan called and Jonathan's men stepped into the room , " Take him away. "

" Cowards , " Mr. Fazul muttered while two men dragged him out of the room.

" Blue , you need to come down, " Frost spoke gently at the angry man who they were still holding back.

" I'll kill him,"

" Easy ! "

This version of Jonathan scared Cora. He still glared at the door Mr. Fazul was dragged through then shot an angry look at her. Cora had underestimated him. The man managed to make Mr. Fazul's face artistically swollen within five minutes and it took two built men to hold him back. She shivered suddenly afraid.

" He's sick, " Gregory said after a moment of silence.

" He dare touch..." he trailed off in anger, eyes narrowed at Cora.

" Easy Blue, " Lan said as he slapped a tense Jonathan's back.

" There's something not adding up here, " Gregory said.

" Obviously, " Frost said dismissively.

" No , I mean there's something we're ignoring here, "

At that , everyone's attention was keenly drawn to Gregory.

" What ? " Frost asked, raising a brow.

" The real question is why did he do it ? "

" Because he likes her ? "

" I don't think so Frost, "

" Then what Gregory ? "

" The man has a hidden motive we need to figure out, "

Cora slowly nodded, " I think I concur with Gregory. Mr. Fazul has never been that way with me before - "

" Except for hand...holding, " Jonathan cut her off.

" I don't even know why he did that ! " Cora said , her tone defensive.

Jonathan huffed.

" Blue , I think she may be right, to make the act believable he surely had to start from somewhere , for example like holding hands, "

Jonathan shook his head, " Nonsense. "

" Oh ! I found it , Mr. Fazul needed a distraction from the answer Cora was pursuing from him , " Frost quickly stated.

" Doesn't explain handholding , "

" I don't understand why he did it Blue, " Cora told him , " I believe there's something else, another motive , a reason he held my hand too. "

Jonathan sat down on a sofa directly in front of her and stared directly into her eyes. His hands braced against his knees.

" You played me...one time, made me...look a fool once...I won't let you do so ever again, " Jonathan rasped at a shaken Cora.

" I promise you I have never held hands or done anything of that kind of sort with him. I promise I'm not fooling you this time,"

" Interesting , "

" You've got to believe me ! "

" Indeed, "

He rose from the sofa.

" Lan interview him, " he said ," the rest of... us have an... attack to plan. Meet me in ...my office , except for Cora. "

He started out of the room and Cora though weak was hot on his trail.

" Please ! I don't even love him ! " She desperately said,hoping he would stop and listen to her, hoping he would stop and hug her.

" Blue, please , "

He spun abruptly and Cora almost ran into his chest.

" How may I ...be of help ? "

" I need you to believe me, there's nothing between Mr. Fazul and I ,"

" Oh ! Really ? "

" I mean it , "

Cora grabbed his shirt as a wave of weakness hit her, clinging to his a chest for support.

His gaze softened.

" You let him..hold your hand, "

" If I pulled away I thought he'd get hurt,"

" Interesting, "

Jonathan turned to leave..

" Please, Blue, " Cora said and grabbed his arm.

" The kiss...you never pulled...away, "

" I was too shocked to do so, "

" What an excuse, "

" Blue, I'm so sorry, " Cora said and clung to his arm.

He coldly looked at her, " Apologies gladly accepted...though I feel...it's more appropriate...to channel your...remorse to the...right parties. "

" Huh ? " Cora blinked confused.

" I'm not your ...lover , Cora , "

" Oh ! "

" So I suggest...you go back...to your room ...and rest. "

" Oh ! Okay , " She whispered.

He spun and left.
Cora stared disraughtly at his retreating back,hot tears already trailing down on her cheeks.