Chapter eighteen.

In and out,

In and out.

Her eyelids were heavy, a constant state of drifting in and out of consciousness.

Veiny fingers caressing her face...

Mismatched eyes staring at her,

Cool cloth on her stinging wounds.

Surely , she was imagining it.

A cool kiss on her forehead.

Cora thought she was dreaming then.

She blinked at the dark green celling . The fragments of her memory were like a dream each time she drifted back to consciousness only to pass out again.

Mr. Yong's treatment took a great toll on her body. She was in constant pain and exhaustion was killing her. She could briefly dream if not imagine gentle large veiny hands holding a spoon to her mouth to feed and she was very embarrassed.

Cora slowly sat up , she was pressed and did not even want to think about how the man from the bits and pieces of her memory helped her out when she was unconscious .

Her eyes darted around : the same large wooden bed, the same jungle green walls , a large wardrobe. She was back in her room , at Jonathan's house.

“ Oh no ! ” She gasped weakly and came to the full realization that it was Jonathan who most likey took care of her.

Cora struggled to leave the bed but just ended up an injured heap on the floor. She groaned when she heard the door open and the very last man she wanted to come face to face with stepped in , stopping at her side.

“ What a notorious...come back , ”he rasped.

Cora slowly looked up at that shiny black mask over his face dreadfully. He was in a white t-shirt, the first time she had seen him in one and her eyes roamed over his built chest for a minute then averted to the celling before she made a fool of herself.

“ I need to use the bathroom, ”

“ Okay , ”

She waited for a hand only to look back at him moments later to see him casually leaning on his cane and absently staring at the walls.

“ I need the bathroom, sir , ”

“ Okay , ”

She could hear the smugness in his voice, fueling her irritation.

Cora glared at him , “ I said, I need the bathroom. ”

She begun to panic. Her control was loosening.

“ I said , okay , ”

“ Please just take me , I - ”

Her eyes widened in mortification when she lost it and her bladder gave way. She burst into tears and turned her face away from him. It was the most demeaning thing she had ever experienced and she could not bear to see the disgust in his face and so she even shut her eyes.

“ Hey ! Hey ! It's ...okay , ” he rasped , the mischievous tone gone.

She felt gentle hands on her shoulder and she stared at him through her blurry vision .

“ It's okay , ”

He lifted her up gently and walked into the bathroom .

“ Might as well ...run you a ...bath , ” he said .

Jonathan lowered her into the tub while she gaped at him. His eyes twinkled in amusement.

“ Been bathing you , ”