Chapter sixteen.

Cora yelped .

The stinging whip startling her from her troubled slumber. She did not know how many days she had spent dangling from the punishing position and honestly it was very shocking even to her that she was still breathing, but soon it was obvious she would not be if the harsh treatment did not end. She would either die of the exhaustion or the agonizing pain or blood loss or even pneumonia, given her naked state in the cold room.

The whip cracked again and she sobbed.

Cora desperately craved for a liberation. She had a sad hope that death would soon rescue her from her suffering, but apparently that was not the case and she was left with an alternative that sat at the tip of her tongue, threatening to be blurted out each time the tiny hooks dragged across her skin with each crack.

" Stubborn aren't we ? " He beamed.

The sadist was enjoying himself . He seemed mesmerized with the bleeding cuts on her body and he was determined to add her more. She was like a new hobby to him and Cora wished she would whip his face in satisfaction as the hooks pulled his eyes out.

" You look so lovely with these marks , " he whispered," my claim. You'd make a perfect submissive if I was into that kind masochist relationship . "

" And y-you a st- stupid awful d-dom, "

Where she got the strength she did not know but she enjoyed satisfaction when he clenched a jaw at her statement in anger which was quite short lived because the whip cracked again.

" Please, no - no more, " her voice was strained, laced with pain.

Cora slowly tried to look at the short man on the ground, her curly hair obscuring her clear vision. She was exhausted, even blinking an eye was a painful huge task.

" You know what to say , " Mr. Yong drawled.

Cora trembled.

The word, a simple word with only three letters were at the verge of spilling out.

" C'mon Cora,you and me, " he pressured on.

Cora was suddenly disgusted, " No. "

The whip shocked her as Mr. Yong did not waste much time in expressing his fury and displeasure over her adamant decision. She willed herself to perservere and bit her lip.

Five strokes later, he threw the whip on a table .

" You will realize that I always get whatever I want and this case will be no exception even if it includes making your bloody hurt self squirm under me which has been on my mind lately . I'm even beginning to think that maybe it is the most efficient way ! "

Mr. Yong stormed off and the violent bang of the metallic door made her cringe.

Cora was frightened .

If Mr. Yong truthfully meant to force himself on her then she would gladly slit her throat open before allowing him to commit such a nauseating deed. She hoarsely released a cry of both anguish and frustration before she felt something grab her ankle. She shuddered , eyes wide in terror.

" Cora ? Cora ? "

She peered down and glared at the long bearded man that introduced her into the gruesome mess.

" I'm here to help you so please listen, "

Cora frowned at the man whose palm was placed over his eyes.

" I can't bear to see your tortured body , Cora but you have to listen, '

She tried to speak , utter a word but instead she managed a croak through her chapped lips.

" I need you to tell him yes ,"

She got the strength, " N - no . "

" Cora you have to , "

" No , "

" Cora , please , this is the only way you can survive, " Mr. Fazul said.

He managed to only look at her face . His eyes easily pained by her state.

" C - can't kill B-blue , "

Mr. Fazul nodded in understanding , " You don't have to. "

" I - I love him , "

" Cora that is the more reason you should say yes , "

" He'll m - make me marry h - him , "

" Cora if you don't give in that psycho will have you here on this table despite your pain ,trust me , Cora you'll die, please let me help you , " Mr. Fazul pleaded .

Cora could see the raw genuineness in his eyes but the real question was : why ?

It was true , that which he had said. If she did not agree to Mr. Yong's demands ,she would die and it would be a very undignified death , but thinking of it , Cora realized she did mind a little , after all , what was left for her in the walk called life anyway ?

" Cora you won't last the next three days like this , " he said softly.

That bad huh ?
Her inner voice was amused.

She never had a chance to properly stare down her body though she knew it would scare her.

The metal door swung open and Mr. Fazul disappeared but not before muttering , " Please , Cora. "

It was unusual that an enemy , a stranger seemed much more concerned over her life   than she. May be there was something in it for him : a financial gain or some other sort of worldly recompensation . She sighed and tiredly watched the annoying man draw closer to her , his ugly chubby legs revealed under the ill - fitting shorts he wore.

" I'll say this one last time Cora , say yes and I'll cease this treatment immediately. I'll release you , heal you , look after you , you'll have everything you want including protection , all I ask is for you to willing come to me and kill that annoying Blue man , "

Cora kept silent.

" C'mon Cora. I promise , you'll never regret it. Yes and I'll stop. No and I'll have you on this table then whip you till you see black , "

She regarded him with a sour look.

" Cora - "

" No , "

" Oh ! That's it - "

Mr. Yong angrily matched to her , carelessly pulled the chains dangling from the roof to his level and she ended up an injured heap on the floor. The man did not relent , he had no mercy for he gave her no breathing space and wrapped a hand around her slender throat forcing her up.

Cora found herself on the metal surface. The table colder than the room . She looked at the psychotic man who was already fumbling with his fly. A heavy feeling of dread overcame her and Cora begun to panic. If he had a knife she would have bore it all but what the man was about to do, it would completely break her and she could not take it any more.

" Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! " She hoarsely cried out .

A finger touched her stinging thigh.

" That's my girl , " Mr. Yong murmured in approval.

Cora shuddered in fear .

Mr. Yong then left after a moment of silence and Cora exhaled in relief. Her eyes lazily slid shut. She could dully sense a blanket being draped over her, her body being picked up and a cup of water being forced between her lips.

" Why help me ? " She croaked out but she never stayed conscious to hear the answer.