Chapter Thirty One

Frost sobbed as he lay on the cold floor at Jonathan's feet, seeking for refuge. He was curled up like a ball . The man was quite terrified, a situation that could easily be understood.

Gregory hang at an awkward angle next to them, dangling from the celling as his mouth spewed out profanities at Mr. Yong.

Jonathan's anger was close to driving him into insanity. He sat on an uncomfortable metal chair, hands bound behind his back and he dared a glance up, his mismatched eyes connecting with green pair of eyes, so lifeless as the body dangled from the celling. The urge to cry and grief was replaced with blinding rage that he bayed for Mr. Yong's blood. He had struggled against the shackles that had strongly bound his wrists that they had even begun cutting into his flesh.

He had lost. AGAIN.

He shut his eyes, every agonizing memory recurring in his mind.

... his mother left him at the door of an orphanage...

...his childhood friend is dead...

...his half brother rejected him - the only family he had...

...the damaging accident, the pain...

...his infertility...

... Cora was nowhere to be found...

His mismatched eyes shot open and locked with Lan's green ones again.

" Lan ? Lan ? " Jonathan painfully called out the name for the umpteenth time.

" He's gone ! He's really gone ! " Frost sobbed .

Jonathan stared at his lap in defeat not knowing what to do. He was angry, frustrated, hopeless, frightened and totally defeated. He had no one to turn to for help and everyone who he considered close were stuck with him in the same death hole. The only three men he had known as brothers were locked up with him and one was already dead.

Jonathan Blue was at his lowest point.

The door to the room violently flew open, Jonathan stared tiredly at the grinning chubby man.

Mr. Yong stared at the celling.

" My , my , doesn't he get tired staring at you like that ? "

Jonathan clenched a jaw resisting the urge to lash out.

Mr. Yong seemed unimpressed not getting a reaction from Jonathan but he shrugged and rubbed his fat palms together.

" Now ! Now ! Now ! Who shall be next ? " He asked, tapping his foot on the ground.

Mr. Yong stared at them for a moment.

" I think that one ! "

Mr. Yong grinned, satisfied with his choice as he pointed at a fuming Gregory as he stared at his men.

" STOP ! " Jonathan yelled, halting the already matching men to grab Gregory.

Mr. Yong frowned, " I think you are much aware that at this point that word is quite useless and will not prevent me from doing what I want ! "

Jonathan stared at him, his mismatched eyes full of hidden pain, " I'm ready. "

" For what ? Death ? " The sadist chuckled, " Another doze of peroxide ?"

Jonathan kept silent, refraining from giving Mr. Yong the reaction he wanted. He was not ready to lose Frost or Gregory.

" C'mon, you could ask nicely, " Mr. Yong said sweetly , " Anyone of us would be happy to chop off your head. My ! Has anyone ever told you that you're quite a veiny bastard ? Too much veins even in his neck ! "