Chapter Twenty four

Cora had underrated The Don's fury.

The burly man quickly shot up from his desk once his gaze landed on Jonathan's masked face. His blue eyes shifted to stare intently at her.

" What's the meaning of this ? "

Cora trembled. From the corner of her eye she watched as everyone else stepped into the room.

" The masked man ! You brought the masked man ! I told you I never want to be involved in this , Cora what have you done ? The masked man - "

" I'm right here, " Jonathan cut him off and pulled a wooden chair from a corner to sit on.

" Oh no you don't ! Leave ! " The Don snapped.

" I'm not certain you would like us to oblige , " Lan said, casually leaning on a wall next to the door.

" Listen , I warned her that I want absolutely nothing to do with any of you. She can confirm its true, I'm certain , so please for the sake of peace . I want you out of my premises, kindly. "

Jonathan sighed and slowly pulled his mask off.

" Ever the dramatic, William , " Jonathan rasped , his mismatched eyes locking with blue eyes that were once like his own.

" Oh no ! " The Don exclaimed in disbelief, " It can't be . It can't be ! You are a dead man ! "

Jonathan shot him a toothy grin.

" All this time it was you ! I thought you were dead ! All this time it was you ! In a mask ! The last time I heard of you was in that explosion that involved a mission with your half cousin Morris so I thought you were dead . Oh ! You're alive ? "

" Yes William, " Jonathan nodded but kept on smiling.

Cora stared at them in astonishment. No one knew The Don's real name, she was certain but Jonathan did . It was confusing. She turned to look at Lan who had a satisfied grin on his face.

The Don's face was priceless. A look of guilt , relief and fear could be clearly visible to her as the heavily tattooed man moved cautiously towards Jonathan.

" I'm sorry man , " The Don began , " I never even bothered to look for you after the mission. "

" You can't look...for a corpse, now can you ? " Jonathan chuckled.

Cora narrowed her eyes, was Jonathan being sarcastic. The mismatched man's face in a remained unreadable as he beamed at The Don.

" Of course, " The Don uneasily said, struggling to smile too.

" Interesting,"

" Your eyes Blue, your voice too. It's all different, " The Don said.

" The explosion, "

" Oh ! Sorry man , " His gaze shifted to Cora , " She was my best assassin. "

Jonathan shot him a funny look.

" Don't look at me in that manner. I was not the one that sent her to you, "

Jonathan shot a look at Lan.

" Well , that's why we're here, " Lan spoke up.

The Don raised a brow.

" Tell me everything, "

" About her , "

" Yes William, " His mismatched eyes narrowed, " Don't dare lie. "

" Alright, alright , " The Don looked around the room , " I took Cora in when she came here thinking it was a Karate training site. Well, at a small fee, Master Yen trained her in both Judo and Taekwondo then she earned her black belts. With time she noticed a few things and with that we had to recruit her, give her further training molding her into an assassin. She was an angry soul but in a way I tamed her. She only carried out assignments I instructed her to . Cora's clean when covering her tracks but one day it did not go too well and a certain someone blackmailed her to work for him . You can guess who, "