Chapter twelve.

The rows and columns of numerics on the small piece of paper were both meaningless and irritating to Cora. At the very bottom , three words comfortably sat and Cora scowled at them : Manufacture Chocolate Bridge. Her eyes darted to the notes of money beside her on the bed. Apparently, it was the only thing that made sense out of the items she slyly managed to slip into her uniform when Jonathan found her in his office.

Cora taking the small envelope of money was just a distraction. A smart move on her part to make Jonathan brand her a ‘ petty thief ’ but as she pondered over it, she was not sure it actually worked. A normal employer was supposed to confront her over the matter but Jonathan did nothing of the sort and it was quite unsettling.

Cora thought of all that had transpired that morning and she crossed her arms against her chest in frustration and impatience. All her plans fell apart so simply that it was a great mockery to her hailed high assassin status. It occurred to her that she probably needed to up her game but again Cora did not like it that way. She believed in simplifying tasks because from numerous experiences , complicating a task would only end up in you having difficulty in successfully completing it . This case was exceptional, seemingly it was already complicated in the first place.

Cora was afraid to plan any further. Jonathan Blue was a smart and dangerous man , for every step of a plan she made , the man went ahead by ten more steps.

The only alternative was probably to shut down the entire security system , but it was close to impossible. Information regarding the security of the house was classified and she only managed to grasp one thing , two men : a guard and Jonathan himself , were in charge of monitoring the survelliance cameras. The rest , she did not have a clue.

She was left with the only sensible option of continuing with her ‘ seduction tactic ’. Probably she would need to tone it down a little because of Jonathan's reaction that morning . Cora was certain that in the long run , he would break but suddenly Cora was not in the mood to continue doing so. She could not find it within herself to do it especially with how the man bared himself open to her.

Cora could only faintly hope that the information on small piece of paper would be comprehensive to Mr. Yong's use , if not , then , her nephew would never see the light of day ever again. She literally shuddered at the thought and glanced at the clock in defeat.

It was already twenty minutes past ten . She tucked away the paper and cash under the pillow . Cora quickly rushed to the kitchen to warm dinner and serve her boss. On other days, she was never in a hurry but taking to account the details of their last encounter , Cora would rather avoid the man so she wanted to serve him before he went into his room.

Quickly, she wheeled the food trolley to his room and knocked as a formality . Cora went in immediately thinking the man was absent but how wrong was she when she spotted his silhouette on a chair at the corner of the room in the dim light. With trembling hands, Cora quickly set the food on an adjacent table desperate to leave his space. The silence and anxiety somehow slowed down time . Cora found herself almost sweating by the time she was done and gladly she started out of the room.

" Run my bath , " Jonathan ordered.

Cora inwardly cursed and timidly, she walked into the bathroom and begun filling the tub with warm water. She turned off the faucet and deeply inhaled the scent of the bubbly soap filling the room as she prepared to leave.

A hand grabbed her tiny waist .

" How's your back ? " Jonathan rasped as he slowly turned her around to face him.

Cora stared at his unmasked face blankly.

" I get it...I'm ugly...but staring ...is rude, "

" You aren't ugly , " Cora blurted out causing Jonathan to frown at her.