Chapter Thirty Two

Cora sighed, staring out of the window of the speeding vehicle then she shifted her gaze to stare at a glaring bound Mr. Fazul seated across from her.

She hoped she had made the right decision but again, Cora had no choice. The route she took was the only way. As soon as she heard Bucks Zimba, Jonathan's half brother had dispatched a search party, Cora pressured Mr. Fazul to drive back into the city. They had argued about it, Mr Fazul angrily storming out of the small deserted house they had stayed in from morning as an attempt to get away from her but Cora never relented. Eventually, the man gave in and they agreed that he would disguise his appearance then carry Cora as luggage on the passenger seat. Thankfully, they found a big bag that she could fit in.

They crossed their hearts as they drove into the city that evening and came to a stop for security check. Cora knew all hope was gone when she heard commotion, security ordering Mr. Fazul to open up the bag and it was at that moment that she realized how stupid her plan was considering Mr. Yong's men were everywhere. She held her breath waiting for the worst when she heard a door open and the bag being zipped open. She frightfully opened her eyes only to meet with familiar pair of blue eyes of a menacing face.

" Terry ? " She called out confused.

" You ! "

Both of them were clearly astounded.

How they knew each other ? Simple, quite simple really.

Terry being Bucks' right hand man often frequented Morris' mansion whenever he was sent on errands so Cora bumped into him countless times when she used to work as a maid in Morris' mansion that she would try to greet him but the man was always silent. With time she knew his name but never used it until when he revealed her face from the bag.

" What are you doing - "

" I need your help ! " Cora blurted out not paying attention to a struggling handcuffed Mr. Fazul , " Jonathan is in serious danger ! I used to be his maid, I know where he is ! The house was bombed but I was with him ! The explosion - "

" Calm down, " Terry cut off her jumbled manner of speech ," Explain slowly, accurately and briefly. "

Cora took a deep breath then she did explain a brief and a more urgent version of the story. Terry regarded her with a critical look but pulled a phone from his pocket.

" If you lie, I will personally chop your head off, " Terry threatened in a growl as he dialed .

Cora then sighed in relief, hopeful they would get to Jonathan early enough.

" Do you realize the stupid risk we took ? " Mr. Fazul asked in anger, interrupting all her thoughts causing her gaze to focus on him.

" We had to, there was no way , " Cora answered him.

" Well, congratulations! Now they think I'm a kidnapper, " Mr. Fazul said in anger.

" Dramatic ! " Cora rolled her eyes.

" Oh ! I'm pretty sure it would've been still dramatic if it was Mr. Yong's men instead. We would have died ! Let me rephrase that, I would've died ! "

" Interesting, "

Mr. Fazul glared at her, " You sound like that annoying Blue . "

A sad smile lit up her face.

****

Cora slowly stepped down from the vehicle and stood infront of the mansion she had once worked in. A lot had changed.

" No time for reminiscing, move ! " Terry ordered.