Chapter four.

If there was something Cora hated, it was blackmail. It compromised someone's values : not that she applied any , and it pushed them into things they would never had done, an example being her current assignment. Cora knew she was not a good woman , she was constantly against the law and her hands were soaked in blood. On top of that, her personality was intolerable but all the same the mission at hand was something she would never dare to do given normal circumstances. She also did not understand why she was blackmailed into doing it because it seemed too easy .

She sighed anyway and parked behind the Bentley she was tailing then killed the engine to observe. A lovely lady stepped from the car and walked into the colorful building. From the way she was dressed and the kind of Bentley she drove , Cora knew she was a woman of power but that did not disturb her. She had eliminated many who were way top compared to her status, but what disturbed her was using the woman's  secret to do so. Whether it was a clean or dirty secret , it still did not sit right with Cora to do so.  Stepping out of her rented Ford , she thumped her studded boots and tipped the black hat on her head. The expensive leather coat hugged her body well and to any onlooker , she passed as a regular tomboy. Which was very fitting for the mission.

She walked into the building following the young woman. Cora saw her enter into an elevator and she hovered around for a minute then entered another elevator , pressing the buttons to stop at the floor the red haired beauty was destined to. A few seconds later, Cora stepped from the elevator and like she had guessed , it was an illegal underground club. This made her mission easier, any crime in the place was less likely to be reported unless they were ready to draw attention to themselves. Cora spotted the red head at a corner staring dreamily at the waitress with a striking Mohawk cut . Cora rubbed her leather gloved hands together and approached her .

" What's a lovely lady like you doing 'ere ? " She started , startling the woman who double took her form then blushed.

" Nothing ...I ...I ...was just waiting for someone, "

" Hmm! No need to be shy , can I buy you a drink at least as you wait ? " Cora plopped down in the seat in front of her.

" Uhm. No problem, thanks, "

" Waiter ! " Cora hollered and from the corner of her eyes, she was the woman intensely studying her profile.

" You're staring sweet heart ! "

" No...no...no... nothing, " she blushed.

She was falling for it. Good !

" So what's your name ? "

" Lucy , "

" Call me Kisha , so who are you waiting for ? "

" Uhm ! I think he's late ..."

" I see, "

Cora tried to make small talk which Lucy responded well to and within an hour minutes she led her prey into the bathroom.

" Kisha, you understand me so well ! "

She was so gullible.

" No need to be shy , Lucy , " Cora muttered to a giggling Lucy.

Lucy leaned closer to peck her on the lips and that is when Cora drew the sharp dagger.

Her big green eyes widened, " what ?! Why - "

" I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm straight as a die , " and Cora swiftly  slit her throat , letting her fall limply on the floor, grateful there were no witnesses.

Cora discreetly rushed to her Ford.

Cora did not support the queer kind of relationship simply because it was not the natural order of reproduction but that did not justify what she did. Cora did not condemn or judge them or even look down upon them , after all who was she to when she was a cold killer with a hateful heart. She believed that no one should judge anyone because humans were naturally wicked and that the creator was the only one with the rights to do so. Cora shut her eyes remembering her Sunday school teacher say that sin was sin , no matter how small or big it was,  God judged it the same because He is not biasedly holy yet she could not help but feel that she had committed the worst of all kinds of worst, some she could not even say. An image of a giggling Lucy with firery hair flashed across her mind and pain ripped through her heart.