Chapter Twenty six

It was suddenly silent.

A deathly silent.

Cora dared a look up, heartbroken at the torn apart wall paper on the wall and the broken expensive china on the floor. She was annoyed , she started to crawl out from under the table. She did not know if the others were safe but she rather not thought about it at that moment.

Cora squinted at the extra light flooding the room from the broken windows.

" Must be in here , " A voice said.

Cora froze, her fingers delicately picking up a sharp broken glass piece .

" Heard she's really though, man , " Another voice said.

" But really hot too, " The former voice said.

It would be easy to judge that they were only two people but she could never be sure. Ignoring the pain in her arm, Cora crawled and scooted further behind the sofa adjacent to the table . She tried to peer to locate the men's position: she only saw one approaching. She took a striking position.

A pair of legs came into view. She was facing the man's back.

" This room's big. She might hide - Ah ! "

Cora stuck the sharp piece deep into his leg causing him to stumble and fall on his face. Cora shot up but a heavy arm seized her throat in a hurtful grip. Cora elbowed him.

He grunted , his hold loosening and she twirled suddenly and poked him in the eye before jumping back and delivering a hard kick to the man's head instantly knocking him out.

It was purely self defense and it was enough .

She told herself as she bolted from the room. Ever from what she had suffered in the hands of Mr. Yong she was very hesitant to kill.

Cora cursed once she was at the corridor. It was dangerous that she was unarmed. Her mind was spinning in confusion: undecided whether to run from the house or find the rest.

" There she is ! "

The voice startled her from her troubled undecided state and she ran in whatever direction her legs decided to take.

How life had changed. She was always the predator and now she was the prey. Cora kept running , a grip on her waist stopped her and she started wrestling from whoever had lifted her from the ground over his shoulder.

" Keep still ! " He rasped the order and she froze sighing in relief.

Jonathan was in motion, she realized. She panicked when she saw the men behind them in hot pursuit.

" Blue ! " She called out in fear, " Behind us Blue ! "

" He'll handle it, " He rasped.

Cora stared confused but her unanswered questions were immediately answered when an angry Lan sprang behind from nowhere opening fire from a rifle.

Cora was tossed into a vehicle.

" Keep her safe ! " Jonathan ordered and turned back.

" No ! What - "

The sound of the shut door cut her off and the starting engine drowned all her protests. The vehicle sped off.

He might die ! He might die !

" Stop the car ! " She yelled , " Stop the car Lan ! He might die ! "

" Unfortunately, though that name sounds quite friendly I am not he , " the driver stated , looking back at her to wink.