Chapter fifteen.

It rained .

The thunder rumbled.

Lightening flashed.

He still never bothered to turn on the lights instead he had a glimpse of his face each time the bright light flashed. He smiled noticing the way his mismatched eyes eerily seemed and the way his smooth skin felt under his veiny finger, the scar no longer existent.

" It's been a week , Blue , "

The voice pierced the silence of the room.

" Still no Kayla , "

" I know , Lan , "

He shut the door behind him and turned on the lights. Jonathan angrily set down the mirror on his desk and swung in his seat to glare at him.

" Oh ! Cut it off , who do you think you are ? The bogey man . I understand she riles you up ,but that ain't enough to go all  horror man , you look like a damn corpse when that lightening flashes, "

Jonathan narrowed his eyes at him but managed a small smile.

" My suspicion lies with Mr. Yong especially if we take into account the way she snooped around . It kind of reminds me of that Tyrin guy, "

Mismatched eyes briefly glanced at green ones then broke contact , " I do too, but...could be anyone. I've a lot ...of enemies. "

Silence reigned for a while.

" Hurts , "

" I feel fooled, "

" We don't even know anything about her apart from her appearance, "

" Got us good , "

" We never saw it coming,"

" She'll pay, " Jonathan rasped.

" How ? When we don't know where she is , "

Jonathan drummed an off key rhythm on his desk, " Organize a raid . "

" I don't understand , how do you mean ? "

"Organize a raid...to Mr. Yong's. I think it's ...due time I ...had my revenge, "

" But we aren't sure if it's truly him . What if she wasn't working for him ? "

" I will still...have the pleasure...of paying back...my past grudges , "

Lan chuckled and watched Jonathan grab a shiny black mask.

" Don't tell me you're still gonna wear those ? "

" Yeah , I am, "

" Then why did you bother with the facial construction in the first place ? " Lan wondered.

Jonathan simply smiled at him.

Jonathan's face was reinstated back to it's former state , the only difference was his left eye which was still grey instead of blue. Lan could understand why ladies swooned over him before the accident and he was certain they would go crazy if they saw his face after the surgery. Lan did not know what motivated the man to do a facial reconstruction in the first place but he looked good : a neatly defined jawline, smooth cheeks , adorably large mismatched eyes and pouty lips combined with a built physique, he was breathtaking.

" You amaze me Blue, " Lan said , a shake to his head as the man wore the mask.

" Let's just say...I'm attached , "

" To a mask ? "

Jonathan glared, " To the intimidating...look , "

" So full of yourself , huh ? "