Chapter Twenty seven

Jonathan Blue hissed and muttered under his breath.

He was confused,not knowing what to do with both the situation and himself.

" What have we done ? " Lan whispered beside him.

" Damn ! " Frost whispered, his eyes scanning the mess of fallen men around then. The mess of broken property surrounding them.

" Well, are we going to stand here for eternity or are going to move ? " Master Yen asked.

The old Korean Master in a bloody white t-shirt and black slacks was already running to pick a ride in the compound.

Jonathan snapped from his frozen state and he swiftly turned around to bark orders at his men.

He jumped into a ready ride and the driver was already driving away at neck breaking speed.

Jonathan was furious.
His fury made him fidget in the speeding Aston Martin . He could never bear the pain of losing Cora , he had already lost a brother and at some point in his life : everything. He would fight to his death before anyone lay a hand on her.

She meant a lot to him, more than even he, himself knew.

" What if we're too late ? "

Frost , who Jonathan did not even realize was beside him , whispered the question .

" We can't be...late ! " He rasped.

They could not be late.
He could not be late, he would never allow it.

The voice decisively chimed in his head in agreement and his hands gripped the rifle in his hand rather too tightly.

Shooting randomly began.

" Boss ! " The driver yelled .

Jonathan whipped his head to look out of the window. They had caught up with two Jeeps of their attackers. The assailants kept shooting at them and Frost charged up . He opened the window and pushed himself up through it to open fierce fire that cause the Jeep's wheel to burst and suddenly the vehicle sharply wheeled and tumbled into the valley below them.

The driver sped up.
Jonathan glimpsed behind them. His men were still hot on his trail, a total of five powerful speeding cars.

The second assailant tried to ram into the side of the Aston Martin as it tried to overtake them.

" Get rid of him ! " Frost yelled.

The driver abruptly speed up when the Jeep tried to ram into them a second time. The Jeep ended up colliding with the hard stone wall of the cliff beside them as they sped forward.

The vehicles behind them tactfully and quickly gave way for the wrecked out of control drifting Jeep.

" We need to slow down sir, the cliff is getting steep and I can spot them ahead, " the driver said.

" No, "

" Sir but - "

" I don't care ! " he rasped annoyed.

The driver flinched and hit the pedal ,speeding forward without a word.

His men seemed to take the hint and the vehicles overtook them on the two lane road proving cover ahead, taking down the Jeeps ahead.

It took the hands of an artistic driver to dodge the mindlessly oversteering and overturning vehicles.

" Ugh ! " The driver sharply jerked the vehicle.

" Blue, the on-coming vehicles . What will we do ? " Frost asked concerned .

" Let them use...their brains, " Jonathan answered.

His mismatched eyes focused on the clearing road and his driver speed up , taking the lead.

" Hit the damn pedal ! We're now running down the hill or do I need to tell you everything-"

" I'm on the last limit sir , " The driver said cutting him off, clearly irritated .

The road was clear.

There was no Jeep or vehicle in sight .

It troubled Jonathan.

" Do you copy ? " Frost spoke into his mouth piece.

" Yes sir , " A voice said.

" The road is clear, there's no sign. Have we left her behind ? "

" No sir, all vehicles were the boys , "

" No she ? " Frost whispered the question, trying hard for Jonathan not to hear him .

The man heard him nonetheless.

" No she, sir , "

Frost stared at Jonathan wide eyed .

The man had smashed the window by his fist . He was livid. Jonathan reached out and grabbed the poor driver's throat, choking him.

" Faster ! Faster ! " Jonathan yelled.

Frost pounced on the man to restrain him.

" Come down Blue ! If you kill him you won't get to kiss her again, we'll all die ! "

" Where's she ? " He rasped .

" Come down , " Frost spoke unsure of himself.

Jonathan kept silent, a deadly sparkle to his eye.

" Stop the car , " he rasped calmly.

" Blue listen - "

" Stop the car , "

" Blue - "

" STOP THE CAR ! "

The driver immediately hit the brake pedal.

" Get out ! " He rasped , grabbing his rifle as he got off too.

" Both of you , "

Frost and the terrified driver stepped out.

Jonathan pushed the man aside and climbed back into the car gripping the wheel. He sped off , drowning every single yell proceeding from Frost's mouth.

He glared at the road and hit the pedal.

He had lost a lot of things in his life. This time he was willing to fight, he was willing to claim back what he had marked.

Life had dealt with him but this was the time he was going to deal with it.

He would find Cora because if he didn't, his soul would never recover. It was a one man mission and Mr. Yong would regret ever messing with him.

_______________________________
Guys I hope you're well,
I'm really poor with cars😹😹😹 but please suggest to me the vehicles you feel would suit the roles above well ... thanks and I'll make the correction.