Chapter Nineteen.

“ What I'd like to know is why were not in bomb party if not holding one ? ”

A shoe was thrown at his head.

“ No, seriously! You all look like she's dead and about to be buried while she's back and alive , well kicking ! So , why is Blue on the damn floor with his head in his hands seeming so miserable and Lan is pacing while Gregory looks like he wants to chop my head off ? ”

He squished the big loaf to his chest as if hugging it.

“ You realize I bought that bread , Frost ? ” Gregory glared.

“ Oh ! Is that why you look like you'd rather have my head on a silver platter ? ”

“ And I bought it for the primary reason of eating it , Frost , ”

“ Oh ! Shush !  It's just bread , we've got serious matters at hand , for example why Blue is on the floor looking like he's about to hang himself , ”

“ Cause the woman he's in love with is an assassin you dimwit ! ”

“ Oh ! I know you , still mad at me because of some stupid warm bread - ”

“ WILL THE TWO OF YOU SHUT UP ! WE CALLED YOU HERE TO THINK NOT TO ARGUE OVER SOME STUPID CHEAP BREAD ! ”

“ Easy Lan , ” Gregory said then shot a glare at the man cuddling with his long brown bread.

“ It wasn't that cheap, ” Gregory grumbled .

“ I don't like that guy, ” Frost said , pointing at Mr. Fazul who sat at a corner his eyes darting around in mild concern.

“ Because he's serious unlike you , ”

“ No , he looks like he can kill you with a single stare , ”

“ I'd suggest the two of you cooperate with Mr. Blue's thoughts and keep me out of your stupid business, ” Mr. Fazul said , stroking his braided goatee.

The bickering around him could not register in his mind. Jonathan was confused . He looked at the white wall infront of him. It was right infact proper that he subject Cora to full torture so that she could tell him everything but he could never do it. Jonathan could not bare to see her in pain , it did not feel right even if the woman held information that could lead to his own destruction. Her painful screams were the reason he stopped Lan from proceeding the day before. Each scream seemed to tear his heart apart and all he wanted was to pull her from the chair, cradle her in his arms and whisper that he would keep away the pain.

He was in love.

Jonathan Blue was in love with a cold blood assassin who was also after his own life . He shook his head.

“ I'm sick , ”

“ No wonder ! You got us worried man . That can be the only sensible reason explaining why you're on the floor like that. So, is it stomach ache - ”

Jonathan glared , “ Take him away . ”

“ What ? ” Frost looked at his friend in pure astonishment while Jonathan's men were already by his side , “ You can't do that. ”

“ Hey ! Don't touch me , ” he yelled at a guard who had already pulled him to his feet, “ I'm his friend and you can clearly see he's not serious. ”

Jonathan rubbed his forehead in irritation , “ Out ! ”

Frost tried to struggle and got angry when the loaf was pulled from him , “ Not squishy too ! ”

His loud insults made everyone groan as he was dragged out of the room.

The atmosphere in the room suddenly changed at Frost's departure. Everyone noticing Jonathan's no nonsense mood . Mr. Fazul observed the miserable man on the floor with keen eyes while Gregory sat upright on the sofa.