~Your Memories~

You're not really one to dwell on the past, but here we go...

~Past~

(your POV)

"HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY!!!' Everyone cheered around you. The mansion was filled with joy and cheers, from everyone, from your butlers to your parents. Overjoyed, you smiled to everyone around the large dining table. The table was covered in all your favorite foods, but your eyes immediately fell onto the enormous 3 foot tall birthday cake in front of you. Man, how your mouth watered... Your friend Canary (Studying to be a butler) laughed at your facial expression, but you didn't care. All you cared about was devouring your lovely birthday cake! You were about to wolf it down before...

"Uh-uh, hold it right there, sweetie! You know its tradition for the birthday celebrant to cut the cake and serve the guests. You cant just eat the whole cake yourself..." Your mom said.

"B-but..." You pleaded with your puppy dog eyes.

"No buts. Now follow tradition and serve the guests dear, then you may have as big of a slice as you want, okay?" Your mom said, while ruffling your hair. You giggled, as you loved when she ruffled your hair and began to serve your butler friends, starting with Canary of course. "Don't forget to save a BIG PIECE for daddy!" Your dad exclaimed.

"No!" You said teasingly and you skipped over him and serving the person next to him, "You have to wait your turn daddy." you continued after sticking your tongue at him.

"Now that's not fair it was my turn!" Your dad said childishly, "Please dear wont you give your father some cake?" He pleaded with his own puppy dog eyes, which no matter how hard you tried you couldn't EVER beat.

"Fineee!" You gave in, grabbing his cake and laying a large slice onto it. "Thank you" he sang. as you served your mom next. Then finally, it was your turn to serve yourself and boy did you serve yourself a big slice!

~~~

You were about to open presents before your father got a phone call, which he took outside into the hall. You waited for him to return because you'd never open your gifts without your dad, it was out of the question. You were definitely a daddy's girl. Of course you loved your mom, you baked, cooked and learned how to garden and make herbal remedies and medicines from her, but your dad was your best friend(next to Canary) . He was the one who introduced you to martial arts and got you to fall in love with it. He and you trained every day, 3 hours a day. He taught you how to use various guns, swords, bows and arrows and even nen! He said you were gifted and taught you all this before your 5th birthday. Last year your gifts from him were your pocket gun and your Dual Dao swords. He wanted you to learn how to protect yourself in case anything happened while he was off on missions. See, your father and mother are both famous blacklist hunters. That's how you are so rich, its because your parents are able to get level B bounty without even breaking a sweat. Your father said their next target was a famous gang of thieves, who murder for their own self gain. They're called the-

"THE PHANTOM TROUPE!!!" Your father yelled. as he dashed into the room. Everyone fell silent.

"What do you mean, dear?!" your mother yelled in alarm as everyone stared.

"I just got a tip on their whereabouts! Get ready quick, dear- we have to leave soon, before they slip away again!" Your father demanded as he dashed to their room to pack. Your mother kissed your forehead and quickly followed.

You're used to this, your parents leaving abruptly early in the morning, in the afternoon, at night, on special occasions... but what can you say, they have to leave to catch the bad guys. you cant be mad at them for that, they do try to be around as much as they can, and when they are, its always really great! The only thing that really bothered you about them leaving was the worry that they may not come back. Your family is built on honesty, we never lie. So, your parents didn't even try to hid the fact that their work is dangerous from you. You're glad they didn't because you don't know what you'd do if your parents didn't return from "grocery shopping", at least you'd know they weren't really "grocery shopping" but hunting. Their work scared you, and inspired you. You wanted to be just like them when you grew up.