~Getting Back Killua: Part 5~

Your P.O.V:

          You watch the two retreating shadows disappear behind the shadows of the vast forest before you turn back around to face Canary. You place your hand on her forehead, lightly checking her wound. 

           "You're sure she's okay?" You ask Leorio once more. 

           "She's only unconscious, she should be awake soon." He replies with a half smile. " These people really creep me out, and I they were definitely lying about what Killua said" 

           "So what do we do now? They know we're here already and they made it clear we weren't exactly welcome." You say. 

           "Well, we can't go back yet. We can follow them to where the mansion is." Leorio suggests in a hushed tone. 

           "Sure, we could do that, but they would pin all of the blame on her." Gon says nodding towards Canary. 

           "Gon's right. As much as I want to save Killua, Canary is in serious danger now after having helped us. We can't just leave her alone here." You say. 

            "Don't worry about me Y/n." You suddenly hear someone say, making all four of you slightly jump. You look down to where you heard the voice come from to see Canary's eyes open once more. She looked tired, her eyebrows furrowed and her voice strained, but she continued,"I will take you to the Butler's Office. From there, you can call the mansion and if Master Zeno answers, you might be able to get in." 

              "Master Zeno?" Kurapika asks. 

              "Master Killua's grandfather." Canary says. 

              You help Canary onto her feet and she proceeds to lead you in the direction of the Butler's Office. You walk under the shade of the tall trees looming over you. It was probably not that late in the day, but the thick forest blocked out most of the sun leaving you in almost complete darkness. It didn't help settle your nerves knowing that not only were you on the territory of an elite family of assassins, who made it very clear you weren't welcome, but that there was also a gigantic guard dog trained to kill whomever it's owners asked it to kill, hiding somewhere nearby. The place sends a chill down your spine and keeps your anxiety levels dangerously high. 

             "Y/n, are you okay?" You hear a calm voice from behind you ask. You turn to see Kurapika, who unlike you manages to stay calm and collected in such an unsettling place. 

             "Honestly, I just want to get Killua and get out." You say hastening your pace to keep up with Canary. 

              "Wait!" You here Kurapika call from behind you before feeling a hand wrap firmly around your forearm.  

              "Kurapika, we'll fall behind if we keep stopping to talk like this." You quiver at the thought of getting lost in this place and try to pull away. 

              "Look Y/n, at the rate we're going I don't think we're going to get Killua without having to take a few more risks." He says, holding you in place. 

              "Then what do you suggest we do?" You ask. 

              "We'll continue to follow Canary to the Butler's Office, and you go directly to the mansion and look for Killua." He says. 

              "Are you kidding? I can barely keep myself together with all of you here, let alone by myself!" You shout. 

              "Shh..." Kurapika covers your mouth with his hand, and gives you a stern look, "We can't be having our conversation overheard. Anyone could be lurking in the woods."