~Getting Killua Back: Part 6~

Killua's P.O.V: 

          "Killua, I heard you've made some friends." Your old man says. 

          "Yeah." I reply as I take the seat across from him in the centre of the room. 

          "What sort of people are they?"

           He stared at me intently with his usual bone-chilling gaze, making me nervous. I couldn't meet his gaze, "What sort of- They're the kind of people I like hanging out with." I figured the less I told him about my friends, the better. I could never tell what he would do to them if I told him more. 

           "I see." We were met with silence until he cut through it again, "How was the exam?" 

           This time I met his gaze, so to not seem disrespectful, and this was a safer topic. "It was easy." 

           "Kil, come here. I'd like for you to tell me more. What you did during the exam, who you met, how you felt. You can tell me anything." I looked at him awestruck. Never in my life had he ever tried to spend the time to get to know me, what I've been up to, how I've been feeling. The craziest part was he seemed so sincere; as if he genuinely cared about everything I've been through, and I believed him. I believe I could tell him anything. 

           I told him all about the exam: About how I got there, about how I met the guys, about how I met her... 

          "Gon still didn't give up, even after being threatened by Hanzo that he's cut off his legs." I laughed at the memory and my father joined in. I was now sitting next to him, recalling all of my favorite memories, "He said he didn't want his legs cut off, but he didn't want to surrender either." 

         "What an interesting boy." My father chuckled and waited for me to continue. 

         "In the end, Hanzo surrendered himself, but Gon refused to win that way, so Hanzo knocked him out and Gon was sent to the infirmary. There, Y/n took care of him all the way up until her fight. Come to think of it, she's was taking care of all of us throughout the exam, even when she was hurt." I smiled slightly at the thought of Y/n. "Did you know I met her before the exam? It was a while back and we were a lot younger then, but she was still the same; just as kind and caring. You know she even celebrated my birthday with me! She barely knew me a day and-" 

       "Kil, you seem to really like this girl." My father says, catching me off guard. 

       "W-what makes you say that?" I recoil, and try to hide my blushing face behind my hair. 

       "You're eyes light up at the mention of her and when you speak of her, you can't speak of anyone else. You smile widely whenever you do."

        "I do?" I ask, trying to act oblivious, but failing, yet doubting I'd be able to lie to my father. 

        "You do. So I ask, do you like her?"

          I think of Y/n, just outside the door. How she was still past out after her fight and how she will be for days after using her swords. I had no reason to lie to me father, he's be able to tell if I was anyways. 

        "Yes... I do. I've liked her ever since I first met her. I've just recently been able to admit that to myself and hope to soon to her." I say truthfully. 

        "You're mother isn't going to like hearing this, but I guess I don't have to tell her just yet. She wouldn't be able to handle the idea of you having a friend that's a girl, let alone a girlfriend." My father chuckles and pats my back.