~Exam: Final Phase part 2~

Your P.O.V:

        The fight ended with Hanzo admitting defeat. No matter how much he tortured Gon, threatened him. The determination never left Gon's eyes. But Gon refused to accept the win and therefore asked fro them to continue until Gon got Hanzo to admit defeat in a way that satisfied him. This of course ticked of Hanzo and he knocked out Gon like a light with one swift punch. Since the match was over, you were able to run over and help Gon. You kneelled down next to him, eyes brimming with tears. "Gon you stupid idiot." You say tears but a smile forming on your face. Yes he was an idiot, but his determination was inspiring. 

        Gon was taken to the infirmary and you followed to take care of him. Wishing Kurapika good luck in his fight. You pulled him into a tight hug and whispered for him to be careful into his ear, then ran into the infirmary after the unconscious Gon. 
        Gon was like your little brother and he saw you as his older sister as well. So you couldn't just stay in that battle room while Gon was alone and unconscious here. You watched his chest rise and fall, he looked as if he was merely sleeping. You heart finally began to relax as you knew he was going to be okay. It turns out Hanzo wasn't as brutal as you believed. He had indeed broke Gon's arm, but cleanly enough to ensure that it would heal easily. And he gave up because he saw no hatred in Gon's eyes, only determination and he couldn't continue torturing him any longer. But, you were still pretty pissed off at the state he put Gon in, but it could've been worse. 

        "Y/n, you're turn to fight is up." Satotz said as he peeked him head into the room. 

        "Already?" You ask, "What happened?" Panic filling your voice, what did Hisoka do? Is Kurapika okay? 

        "Relax," Satotz said, entering the room fully, "Kurapika put up an amazing fight, matching Hisoka's moves. But in the middle of the fight, Hisoka walk up to Kurapika and whispered something into his ear, than he just surrendered." 

        "Kurapika surrendered?" You ask confused.

        "No Hisoka surrendered."

        "What?!" You say more shocked and confused than before. 

...

        It was you match with Hanzo and he looked determined to win this one. 

        "Just because you're a girl, don't expect me to go any easier on you." He says to you.

        "I didn't expect you to." You smile back. 

        "Begin!" The ref blows the whistle and the fight starts. 

        You begin by dashing towards Hanzo, aiming immediately towards his neck. He simply stands still and catches you mid air, inches from jabbing his neck and throwing you into the ground at his feet. You cough at the impact, but shoot back to your feet and leap away from Hanzo. If there was one this you were the best at in battle, it would be your resistance. You've been practicing all your life to be able to withstand brutal hits, and this, this was nothing. You analyzed Hanzo. He appeared to be well rounded everywhere. He appeared to be so confident in his fighting that he was waiting fro your to be the offense while he stood still. You smiled, knowing you found his weakness. 

        "What's the matter?" You taunt, "Too afraid to hit a girl?" You see Hanzo's eye twitch. "That's so typical of men, always afraid to be deemed disrespectful that you refuse to hurt a woman. You're pathetic you know. This is the hunter exam and you still bring such cliche things into a fight." He clenches his fists. No matter what he said in the beginning, he was still a respectful man, you knew as much. You had to taunt him to get him off his game, if you ever wanted to stand a chance. 

        "How do expect to be a hunter if you can't even fight a woman." You say with a sly smile, "You're weak." 

        That clearly crossed the line, because Hanzo charges at you. He face flushed with anger. 'Here we go.' You think to yourself, 'The real battle begins now.' He charges at you and you hold your ground, waiting until the last second to make your move. When he was centimeters away, you dodge to the right, knowing well that he had quick reflexes and would follow you. You were counting on that. And just as you predicted, in a split second he was facing your direction and you suck out your fist and landed a punch square in his face. You really packed a punch because Hanzo went flying into the wall behind him. You rubbed your knuckles a bit, expecting a bruise to form later, but you stood your ground once more. Hanzo stood up with a disfigured nose, you probably broke. He cracked it back into place easily and you flinched. 

        "Eww... That's gros..." You say. 

        "Not bad." Hanzo congratulates you. "You taunted me on purpose to throw me off. Very good, but I won't let that happen again." 

        "It's okay, I've got other tricks up my sleeve." You smile slyly. Hanzo returns the smile then suddenly disappears from the spot. You focused on only his presence as you tried to track him down. "There you are." You say quietly, sensing him a few feet on top of you. You front flip out of the way before he could slam a crushing kick on your head, which might've killed you had it landed. "That could've killed me." You say calmly getting up, "You'd be disqualified if you did." 

        "Don't worry I know what I'm doing." He says cockily and once more he disappears. This time he was too quick for you to track and he appeared right at your feet. In the split second you had you jumped over his left leg, he was using to trip you, but he used his hand to support himself while his right leg collided with you stomach, sending you flying. You skidded on your back across the floor. Hanzo didn't pause to let you catch your breath. When you opened your eyes, he was there looking down on you. "Give up." He says. 

        "Ha," You laugh, "As if!" he punches you in the gut, making you cough out blood. You get up on your hands and knees, your stomach throbbing. The kick alone felt like needles stabbing your insides, now the punch just cut through you completely. 
        Hanzo grabbed your hair which had long been since undone from it's original braid and now hung limply around your face and in Hanzo's hand. He held you up by your hair to meet his eyes, you toes a few feet off the ground. You felt like you hair was going to all be ripped out at once.

        "You don't stand a chance. I won't be as lenient as I was with the boy." He whispered to you, "I will pass this exam no matter what even if I have to torture you until the brink of death." He says coldly, making your eyes widen. 

        "Y/n!" Kurapika called, "Stop! He's going to torture you!" 

        "No way and I going down that easy!" You scream and kick Hanzo where it really hurts, making his double over in pain. "I'm passing this exam no matter what too, and you aren't going to stop me with your empty threats." 

        "I-I let you kick me." He says recovering slowly from your bone crushing kick.

        "Ya right!" Cheers Leorio, making you smile. 

        "So you just let me kick you so hard that you will possibly never be able to have kids ever?" You laugh slightly, "Okay makes sense." You hear other applicants laugh along with you and watch as Hanzo's face twists in anger. 

        He charges right at you at lightning speed. You duck unable to dodge in time and he lands on his feet behind you. However befor you can turn to face him he chopped your neck, just like how he did Gon's. You felt as if your brain was bouncing in your head. You froze, you're back stiff and your head pointing to the sky. You commanded your body to move, but you were paralyzed. Hanzo sat you up and stuck his knee into your back, bringing feeling back into your limbs in a nerve splitting pain.

        "You're right," He sighs, "my threats are empty. I cannot torture a child, nor a woman, so far, to the point of death. However, I will if I have to pass this exam. Just give up before I am forced to. You are too young to be tortured that badly and you don't stand a chance against me. Give up so that at least you'll be in fair shape for your next fight." 
        You clench your teeth in frustration, now you know how Gon felt. Fighting was useless, but you couldn't bring yourself to quit. 

        "No!" You scream and he slams your cheek to the floor. He jabs his knee into your lower back and practically sit on you, forcing all of his weight into it. He leans down to whisper into your ear. 

        "You kids, just don't know when to give up. Don't you understand you don't stand a chance. Be reasonable and think for once. You are young, not invincible!" You reach slowly into your utility belt and pull out your wire. He was too busy scolding you to notice this and you took advantage of that. 

        "I'd like to think I'm pretty close." You say as you grab hold of his shirt collar and flip him with all of your strength onto the ground on his back. Before he can recover you flip him over and straddle him. You quickly take both of his arms and wrap them tightly in the metal wire you concealed in your left hand. He struggles with his hands and he tried to get up, but you refused to get off his back. you turned to face his feet and quickly tied them up as well. Before you could finish completely he flips you off of his back with the sheer force of sitting up. You were light, so you weren't surprised he was able too, but you were hoping to be able to tie him down in time. 

        "Did you really think a mere metal wire could stop me?" He asks, ripping his feet apart while splitting the wire in the process. You stared at him in disbelief as the wire should've been impossible to break, even if you hadn't finished tying it. He next jumps over his hands to bring them in front of him and stares at the knot job you did on them. He attempted to break them apart, but couldn't. At least you got to finish tying up there. You sigh in relief. "Well at least you know how to tie a knot. " He says still struggling with the knot . You charge at him to wanting to waste the opportunity. You get prepared to land a kick on his stomach, but in the last second a blade shoots out from his right sleeve and cuts the wire right off. He catches you foot with his left hand and slams you in the ground. You feel a few of your ribs crack under the pressure and he makes it worse by leaning down on you again suffocating you. "Stop this already." He says calmly, "I just broke a few of your ribs didn't I? I'm not afraid to do the same with every one of your limbs. You won't die, but you'll wish you would after I do." 
        You're eyes widen in pure horror for once and your eyes fall to the floor. "Give up before you're too broken to fight in you next fight, if you aren't already."

        "I-" You croak, "I-give..." You say defeated. You can feel Hanzo's smile forming as he gets off you. 

        "Someone take her to the infirmary quick before she starts coughing out blood." He says. 

        You get carried to the infirmary by Kurapika, Killua and Leorio into the infirmary. The 3 of them stayed in the infirmary until Hisoka and Bodoro's match had finished with Hisoka being the victor. Leorio asked for the matches to be postponed for a few hours due to you and Bodoro's injuries, which everyone agreed to. Kurapika tried to strike up conversation between you and Killua, but you could barely breath evenly let alone talk and Killua simply glared at Kurapika whenever he tried to start a conversation, or just flat out ignored him. He was only focused on you. Worry filled his beautiful blues eyes and you couldn't ignore how much concern he had for you. Kurapika took this as his cue to leave for a while, going to check up on Gon, whom was still out like a light. Killua discreetly took you your hand into his and you didn't pull away. You stare up into his eyes getting lost, melting under his gaze as he smile down on you. It was then you knew for sure you were in love with two of you best friends. Upon realizing as much you feel your heart drop in your chest and you look away from Killua. You felt like you were betraying Kurapika even if you never said yes to him, but you couldn't bring yourself to take your hand out of Killua's. 
        Leorio seemed to notice this from the concerned gaze he was giving you from the door frame. You knew you were going to end up having a talk with him sooner or later. 

        "Y/n, Killua!" Menchi called from the other side of the door, "The Chairman says that we must proceed with the matches."

        "What?! But she isn't nearly close to being healed yet!" Shouts Leorio, referring to you. 

        "I'm fine Leorio." You say getting up, trying to hide your winces, but Killua being right next to you notices. "I can take on Killua with all of my limbs broken."  You smile slyly at the white haired boy sitting next to you as you hop onto your feet and walk out of the room. You hear him scoff as he follows you out of the room, "As If." He says. 

        Killua's P.O.V: 

        You watch from behind as Y/n walks/limps into the battle room. She was pretty good at hiding her injuries and pain, but you, being well, you could hear the way her breaths shook. How uneven her strides were and how sweat beads formed on her brow from just walking to the room. You stood in front of her with your hands in your pockets. She was in her typical battle stance, but it wasn't as strong as it usually was. She was wobbly and there were still trails of blood running down her face. She was in no shape to fight and she knew it. 

        "Begin!" Says the ref. 

        "Come on brat!" She taunts, "I've been waiting all day to fight you. I'm going to teach you to stop looking down on me!" She shouts and charges at you. She was slower, but still unnaturally fast. She targeted your side with a swift kick, which you caught easily. before you could get a grip on her leg she jumped back quickly, the effort almost making her lose her footing. You move to catch her, but she get her balance and starts throwing weak punches at you. You take the punches since they didn't hurt at all and she knew it. After a few punches you catch her hands mid punch and she looks up at you through misty eyes. She'd been holding in the pains she'd been feeling from the beginning of the battle. "Why won't you fight me?!" She shouts weakly, "Why don't you see me as a worthy opponent?! Am I that weak to you." 

         "You're in no condition to fight, and you know it. " You say softly to her. "You wouldn't be able to fight me properly even if I were to fight you." She stares at you tears brimming in her eyes. 

        "Fight me dammit!" She screams. You light your arms up and face the ref. "Killua, don't you dare!" She yells knowing what you plan to do next. "Killua I swear if you throw the match right now I'll never forgive you!" You hesitate for a second, then decide for the better. you turn to face her and pull her into a hug. 

        "Sorry." You say sincerely. 

       She presses her hand to your chest and whispers low enough for just you to hear. "Killua don't." 

        "I give up." You say and she pushes away from you forcefully and runs to the infirmary.  You knew it was for the best. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Kay, I'm really on a roll today! I better keep writing before all inspiration leave me again! 

~Callie