25

Aizawa's POV: (One week later)

He had barely slept this past week.

Between meetings and attempting to continue normally with classes, his schedule was pretty booked.

Anytime he attempted to sleep his mind would not quiet for more than a few hours.

The police had made no progress in their attempts to find where the League Of Villains were located. And because the case was not public, heroes were barred from interfering.

Currently, he was sitting in another late afternoon meeting. The mood was somber, and the teachers all had their eyes downcast. Refusing to look at him directly.

It was apparent that the other teachers had a sense of guilt for pretending as if everything was alright.

The students of class 1-A were still doing relatively well in their classes. With the exception of a few who were obviously on edge.

The only one in the room who seemed well-rested and chipper was Principal Nezu. He sat at the head of the long table with a smile on his face, holding a cup of something in his hands.

"Now, the police have finished going over the traffic light footage from the other morning."

Aizawa sat up. "What did they find?"

The principal sighed and sat his cup down onto the table. "Unfortunately there was nothing provided that could give us any leads. And the tracker that was originally installed into the stolen police car has been removed."

His hands gripped the sides of the tables. "We need to be out there looking. The police are going to be of no help, do you not remember that just a few weeks ago they wanted her arrested?"

Midnight looked up at him. "Eraserhead, we all want to get her back but a kidnapping falls under police jurisdiction. If we could find evidence that the League of Villains was involved then we would have reason to step in, but for now, we just need to stand back and hope for the best."

"This isn't just a normal kidnapping. You guys are all aware of what the villains wanted from her, if she concedes and does as they ask then you all know what the consequences would be."

Principal Nezu cleared his throat. "I understand that you have come to care for her, as her mentor and possibly even a father figure. But we cannot let personal feelings get in the way in such a time. You do remember that she managed to survive nearly eight months with the league? And if they are under orders not to harm her physically, then I believe she is resilient enough to hold out until we are able to locate her."

Aizawa began to speak once more, but All Might interrupted him.

"Um, I forget that not all of you were present during the Kamino incident." He put his hand on the back of his neck. "After All For One had revealed himself to be the girls' father, she provoked him slightly, and he was not happy about the way she acted."

"Out with it," Aizawa growled.

All Might took a deep breath. "He revoked his order to leave her unharmed. He gave the League permission to use any means necessary to make her comply with their demands."

The room seemed to still. Dread pooled in his veins while his anger rose to the surface.

"She has been gone for over a week now, and we have been acting under the impression that she would remain physically unharmed. Why are you just now informing us of this?"

"It was a fact that slipped my mind. I apologize."

Aizawa's hands were shaking. He looked back to the principal, "is that enough reason for us to get further involved? She could be getting tortured as we speak, we need to get her back."