Chapter Twenty - A Walk In Their Shoes (Clem Choice) {Part 6}

Me, Clem, And Aj nodded at each other and went out own ways. I glared at a group of walkers that were heading towards me. I swiftly dodged their grabs and kicked them in the back of the knees, causing them to trip. I looked over at Clem and Aj who seemed to be handling themselves okay. Soon enough we managed to stall enough time so James could quickly get to his mask and bag. Me and Clem both ran up to James in a hurry.

"We don't know how long we can keep this up." Clem quickly spoke, I nodded in agreement and turned around to see how close the walkers were getting.

"Did you find your mask?!" I quickly asked James. He stood up in a panic and turned to us.

"Ugh I can't find it! The horses must have... there!" He suddenly pointed to his bag, where the walkers had just walked in front of.

"Shit..!" Me and Clem cursed at the same time, we both got in defensive positions, and James looked at us both.

"We have to run-"

"Hey over here!" Aj's voice called out over the crowd of walkers, me and Clem looked at him in a panic.

"Aj..! What are you doing?!" I whisper shouted. Clem looked over at the walker then Aj in a panic.

"No.. there are too many of them!" James spoke, I quickly looked around and got an idea.

"That cart! We can use it to draw the walkers away from Aj!" I pointed, Clem and James nodded.

"Great idea! Let's go!" Clem quickly responded. We all dashed towards the cart, dodging walkers attempts to grab us. Once we got to the cart we all immediately began to push it with all our might. We managed to push it back onto its wheels. We continued to push it towards the hill so it could roll down on its own. Suddenly a walker from Clem's side began to get closer. Clem swiftly kicked it in the knee, causing it to fall on the ground. We managed to push the cart up to the hill and with a strong push, the cart went rolling down the hill, and hit a group of trees. Me, Clem, and James all hid behind a rock so we wouldn't be spotted. My heart racing, I hoped that Aj would be okay. Soon enough the last batch of walkers pasted us, and we all stood up to meet with Aj who was waiting for us on the other side of the forest. Once we got close enough Clem immediately began to check him.

"Aj, are you okay?" She asked, a little frazzled. Aj nodded as Clem checked him.

"Yup! No bites." He answered, I let out a sigh I didn't even know I had and pat his head.

"You scared me buddie. That was super brave." I praised, Aj smiled at grabbed my hand off his head. After a bit of time, James spoke up.

"I know it would have been easier to kill them.. your all very kind. I appreciate it. Really.." James smiled slightly, I nodded.

"Of course. Glad we could help." I smiled back. James walked over to his bag and picked up his mask and his other things. He pulled out a picture and I couldn't help but look over his shoulder a bit. It looked like him and another person in the picture. He let out a sigh of relief and tucked it back into his bag. He stood up and smiled at us again.

"Thank you.. for helping me get this back." He showed us the mask and we both nodded. He brushed the dirt and dust off his clothes and addressed us.

"Now. How will walkers save your friends?" He asked, I looked over at Clem and she began to explain.

"They're being held captive on a boat not too far from here. We can't sneak on board without cover. Not without the raiders gunning us down." Clem spoke, James looked at us like we were crazy.

"You.. want to use walkers to hide.. to sneak on board their ship? That's insane." He replied, I frowned.

"We have no other choice. It's the only chance we got. Please, James." I spoke, I knew we needed him to help us, he was our only chance. James looked down sadly. She then looked at us again.