Chapter Eighteen - Familar Face (Violet Choice) {Part 13}

All that could be heard was the sound of our footsteps as we headed towards where Abel said the boat was. I walked behind everyone, knife in one hand, and the paper I had found in Abel's boot in the other. I continued to read the paper over and over trying to figure out what it was and what it meant. I haven't had a chance to mention it to Clem yet, since we immediately set out after talking to, and ultimately killing Abel. I sighed in frustration, shoving the paper into my pocket. There has to be a reason that he had this, something important. Violet walked ahead and I quickly caught up, I wrapped my hand around hers and she looked at me with a smile, wrapping hers around mine in return. I looked over at Clem who was looking closely at the map, making sure we were going in the right direction. I looked up at the trees, the silence was comforting after the events of last night, soon enough it was broken by Clem addressing all of us.

"Once we find the boat, we'll look for a way to sneak on board." Clem spoke, folding the map and tucking it into her back pocket.

"Hopefully we can find a place where they can't see us." I added, Willy's glared.

"Yeah at least Tenn won't fuck it up this time." He muttered. Aj turned around, an offended look was on his face.

"It wasn't Tenn's fault!" He defended, Willy looked at Aj.

"Yes it was! Mitch died because he-" Willy began, Aj took a threatening step towards Willy.

"Say one more thing about Tenn. I dare you." He snapped, I let out a frustrated sigh and stepped between them both, who were glaring at each other.

"Enough, both of you. It's nobody's fault. We need all of us to work together, arguing isn't going to help with that." I ordered, Clem nodded.

"Guys look!" Violet called out to us and we all turned to see a large boat, it was attached to the docks. Clem quickly motioned for us to crouch. We all slowly made our way to the large boat attached to the dock, a few people were off the boat and were on watch. I looked over at Clem.

"This looks like it could be it." I whispered, Clem nodded quickly.

"Yeah. It does." She replied, we all slowly made our way into the grass, making sure that we weren't seen. Aj put the binoculars to his face.

"You see anything?" Clem asked, Aj nodded.

"A beach, uhm.. a boat, and uh.. wood street in the water." Aj spoke, I smiled.

"It's called a pier." I explained, Aj looked at me then back the pier in curiously.

"Hmm.. a pier.." He spoke to himself, probably wanting to remember what it was in the future. Clem grabbed the binoculars and looked at everyone.

"Okay, let's spread out and focus on those areas. Keep your heads low." Clem ordered, we all nodded and began to go in different directions. I quickly grabbed Clem's arm remembering I wanted to talk to her about what I found on Abel. She turned to me curiously.

"Can we talk?" I asked. Clem nodded and we walked a little away from the group, just out of earshot. I sighed and pulled out the old crumpled paper and unfolded it, showing it to Clem. She grabbed it and looked at it in confusion.

"What is this?" She asked.

"When we got the info out of Abel earlier and you and Aj left, I noticed this was hidden inside of Abel's boot. I have no idea what it is.. but it looks like a bunch of city names." I explained, Clem glared down at the paper.

"We should definitely hold onto this. Their has to be a reason why he didn't show this to us." She spoke, she quickly put it in her pocket.

"Good catch (Y/N). This might help us with our plan if we figure out what it means." Clem thanked, I gave her a thumbs up.