Chapter Eleven - Planning To Protect. (Violet Choice) {Part 7}

I sighed as the sun hit my face as I walked out of the trees. James turned to us as he stood on the bridge, making sure we were still following. Clementine walked with Aj in her arms behind me, though she looked exhausted. I frowned and continued to walk. James stopped on the bridge as Clem and I caught up. Clem took deep breaths as she held Aj in her arms.

"Is he awake?" James asked, Clem looked at Aj with worry.

"Yeah, he's so hot.." she told, I could tell just by looking that his fever was getting worse. I stretched my arms out towards Clem.

"I can hold him the rest of the way Clem.. your exhausted.." I spoke, Clem looked at my injured arm and shook her head.

"Your arm is still hurt (Y/N), I don't want it to get worse, I can handle him." She reminded, I looked at my arm with a frown. I had completely forgotten about it, but she was right. I nodded and took a step back. James looked at us both and we continued walking. As we walked across the bridge, the school began to come into sight. I began to get a bit nervous, worried that they would just turn us away. Aj started to groan a bit.

"Hurts.." he spoke through his teeth, Clem looked at him.

"Hang on, were almost there.." she reassured. We walked past the traps and looked up at the large gate doors. Suddenly Willy popped out of nowhere aiming his bow toward James.

"Walker!" He yelled, shooting an arrow. James quickly took a step back, the arrow hitting the ground close to his feet. We all looked up at Willy who looked shocked and confused. He turned towards the school.

"Violet! Louis! They came back!" He shouted, climbing down the ladder. Clem turned to James.

"Look, you live out there alone, right?" Clem asked, James turned to look at her.

"You.. want to come inside with us?" I asked him as well. He looked at us both, then back to the arrow that Willy shot at him, he shook his head a bit.

"Not ready." He simply replied, I frowned a bit. I was hoping he would stay but I understood his decision. He began to walk away, and I turned to him.

"Thanks for your help. We appreciate it.." I called out to him, he stopped and gave me a nod, before walking off again. Clem and I nodded and walked towards the small gate. Clem was really beginning to struggle holding Aj, I walked close by her with my hands out to help just in case she lost her grip on him. Clem suddenly stopped and her legs started to give out.

"I... cant keep carrying you.." She told, I quickly put my hands under Aj, and her legs collapsed, I sat on the ground next to her to help guide Aj safely so he didn't get hurt. Clem let out a gasp of exhaustion, and I gave her back some slow rubs. I looked up towards the gate to see a familiar face running up to us. It was Louis. He crouched down in front of us and looked at me then at Aj.

"Shit... is he..?" He began. I shook my head quickly.

"No. He was shot. He needs help right away.." I told him.

"Come on, let's get him inside." He told us. Clem shook her head.

"I.. can't.." Clem spoke, I frowned at Aj, but put my arms under him. Clem looked at me in worry as I lifted him up. My arm ached in pain, and but I bit my lip, trying to hide it.

"(Y/N).. I can-" Louis spoke, I shook my head, cutting him off.

"I got him." I began to walk inside the school, Clem stood up and followed close behind me, as well as Louis. I looked at Aj's pained face and frowned, worry was all I felt.

I walked into the admin building with Aj still in my arms. Most of the group was there, and seemed to already know what was going on. Ruby quickly turned to me, looking at the injured Aj in my arms.