Chapter Seven - Broken Promises, Broken Lies. (Louis Choice){Part 4} EP 1 END

"It's clear...!" Aj spoke suddenly after scanning the room. I chuckled and nodded. I walked over to my bed and laid on the bottom bunk. I sat up for a second to check out my ankle. Clem placed her hat along with the lit candle on the dresser. She then turned to Aj.

"Time for bed little guy.." she told, Aj looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Can I stay up?" He asked, She snickered and shook her head.

"Nope!" She grinned, Aj then turned to me with the same puppy dog eyes. I raised an eyebrow.

"You think that will work on me?" I chuckled and Aj crosses his arms. He looked at Clem again.

"Two more minutes..!" He whined and Clem sighed and smiled at me.

"Tell you what. You lay down, and then we'll see." She told, Aj nodded and and jumped onto his bed and sat up. Clem kneeled down to look at my injury's, her face looked like she felt bad.

"Hey.. how's your leg..? And uh.. arm.. and eye.." she mumbled. I sighed and gave her a little pat on the shoulder with my good arm.

"It's nothing, my leg is basically fine by now.. and I'm sure my eye is okay.." I trailed off and Clem looked down in shame. She looked like she really felt bad, but I didn't want her to blame herself for everything because I knew it wasn't her fault. I sighed and gave her another reassuring pat.

"It's okay. I know you think it's your fault but it's not. I wouldn't have gotten shot at if it wasn't for anyone but myself." I told, my tone serious. She sighed and gave me a quick smile. She stood up again. I noticed Aj's eyes were looking at me curiously. I smiled at him.

"You full from dinner buddy?" I asked him, he grinned and nodded, patting his stomach.

"Yeah. It was good." He added, I nodded and grabbed my bag from underneath the bed.

"Yeah, your right." I opened my bag and took out my notebook. I decided to write down in another section in my journal. I began to draw a map of the school, with current escape routes and exits, like I always did with every new place I was staying at.

"I like it here." Aj told, I turned to him and smiled.

"Me to.." I agreed, Clem nodded. Aj looked super happy and excited.

"Me and Clem got to go fishing! It was awesome! And guess what (Y/N)? I caught a fish!" Aj told me. I finished my map for now and stuck my journal bag into my bag. I nodded at him.

"Awesome! Was it a big one?" I asked, he nodded.

"It was huge!" He added. Clem, who was currently hanging up Tenn's drawing on the wall, chuckled at him.

"It wasn't thaaat big." She put her hands on her hips, and Aj crosses his arms and glared at her.

"Cleeem..!" He whined, Clem shrugged and continued to place some random things around the room.

"Hey (Y/N). How was hunting? With Louis?" He asked. I smiled.

"It's was.. kinda fun actually." I blushed a bit and looked at my hands.

"That's cool!" Aj spoke, I nodded and stood up to stretch. Clem walked over and sat next to Aj. She smiled at me and Aj patted the other spot next to him. I blushed a bit but smiled and sat next to him. Aj looked at his hands with a smile.

"It's nice not driving everywhere, or running away.." he told, Clem nodded, suddenly Aj's face turned sad and I looked at him in worry.

"But the ranch was nice too... before the blood." He whimpered, my heart ached and I looked down. 'The ranch.. that's when I first met Clem..' I shook off those memories though since they weren't pleasant to think about.