Chapter Thirteen - Searching

I began to look in every area to find the barbed wire, I sighed and looked at my right shoulder, my hand that was holding it was basically red. I sighed and continued to look around, though I was feeling a bit tired, probably because of the loss of blood. Ruby walked up to me and frowned.

"(Y/N).. how's your arm?" She asked, I sighed and gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm okay, don't worry about me.." I told, though she didn't really seemed fazed.

"Here, let me see it.." Ruby offered, I nodded and pulled my shirt away and revealed the injury, I't was still bleeding but not badly. When the air touched it though, I cringed a bit. Ruby sighed and looked at it.

"I feel like your always the one that ends up gettin' hurt." She chuckled, she frowned.

"Yeah, this needs to get patched up.. we gotta find that barbed wire.. and quick-"

"Then get looking!" Mitch yelled from across the room as he searched near a shelf. Ruby glared and scoffed, I covered up my arm.

"Keep pressure on it, alright?" Ruby added, she began searching near the plant boxes. I nodded and held my arm, putting on pressure. I walked over to Mitch's area, noticing a closet. I looked over to him.

"Did you check this closet?" I asked, pointing to it, Mitch nodded.

"Yeah, it's locked." He replied, continuing to search.

"We need something to pry it open then.. like.." I looked over and noticed a crowbar on a far shelf. I walked over and grabbed it, I smiled then walked over to Mitch.

"I think we can pry it open with this." I showed him, he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Here, I'll do it." He offered, I nodded and handed it to him. He walked over to the cabinet and pried the bar in between the door, with a strong pull the door opened, revealing the barbed wire that was inside.

"Knew it, there's tons in here." I smiled, Ruby walked over and nodded.

"This should keep the raiders from climbing our walls." Ruby spoke, confidently. I nodded, giving her a small grin.

"You bet. Nice catch (Y/N)." Mitch added, I gave him a nod. Though, I was a bit shocked that he complimented me. He then noticed the bags of fertilizer on the ground and smirked.

"Hey, we can use these!" He pointed at the fertilizer and I raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh.. how?" I asked, confused. He gave me a grin.

"We can make bombs out of these." He explained, my eyes widened.

"Woah really? You learn something everyday I guess..." I chuckled, looking at the fertilizer.

"Yeah, it's uh.. something I used to do back home." He replied, Ruby sighed and rolled her eyes.

"He used to blow shut up. That's why he's at troubled youth." She spoke, Mitch smiled with confidence.

"Guilty." He confirmed, I chuckled.

"What else do we need for them? Surely the fertilizer isn't enough.." I asked, he began walking as he explained.

"Well, duh. I just need propane and something to create a spark, and we'll have ourselves and nice little homemade explosive." He added, walking around and checking the rest of the room. I nodded and began looking around myself. I noticed something behind a shelf, It looked like a door.

"Hey, this shelf is blocking the door.. what's in here?" I asked, Mitch turned and walked over, looking at the door.

"I think it's a science lab, maybe there's propane in there.." He walked up to the shelf and began to push it, I moved to help but Ruby got to it first. Soon enough the door was revealed and we could get inside. I opened the door and looked around, when the sound of a walker startled me, I quickly moved out of the way before it could grab me. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. My hand held my knife, and Ruby and Mitch quickly ran in to see what was going on.