Chapter Twenty One - Three Eyes. (Louis Choice) {Part 16}

As soon as the door closed behind me, I began to breathe heavily. There was about 15-20 walkers inside, and my fear quickly took over. My hands started to shake and my feet were frozen as if they were glued to the ground. 'Come on (Y/N).. breathe in, breathe out.. you can do this.. for Clem and Aj...' I thought, I quickly scanned the room, looking for the wind chimes that James was talking about. I noticed it was in the middle and I silently cursed to myself, there was no escaping the walkers.. I had to go closer to them if I wanted to touch the wind chimes. I took one last deep breath, and slowly began to walk forward, trying to mimic the way the walkers were walking, keeping my eye on the wind chimes that hung from the ceiling. I bumped into one of the walkers and froze, it slowly turned its head towards me and stared, I remained quiet and stayed put, although I was secretly freaking out. The walker lost interest then began to walk away again, I let out a breath I was holding and continued to walk, the wind chimes just in sight. I raised my hand as I got closer, a walker breathing in my right ear, so close I though that this might be the end. As I rose my hand to touch the wind chimes the walker turned towards my hand, inches away. I closed my eyes and touched the wind chimes, but nothing happened other than the sound of the walkers and the peaceful ringing of the wind chimes. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, all the walkers turned towards the sound and they all came closer, I looked back at them, then looked back up at the wind chimes, the sound filled my ears and calmed me down. The walkers brushed past me and I looked at their faces, they weirdly seemed to be at peace, even if it was just for a moment. My eyes widened, I've truly never seen them like this, it was oddly.. beautiful. I looked at them again then back at the wind chimes. I smiled a bit, maybe James was right..? I stood there for a bit until the walkers decided to split off again. I turned and slowly walked to the door. I pushed it open, then took off the mask as it closed behind me, Clem and Aj stood there for a second before Aj quickly ran and hugged my waist. I stumbled back a bit the chuckled, giving his head a pat.

"Woah, hey buddie. Don't worry, I'm okay, no bites." I smiled, Aj wouldn't let go and I smiled and bent down to his level.

"Would it make you feel better if you checked?" I asked and Aj nodded. He began to check my arms for bites, as well as my neck and legs. I chuckled and Clem walked over to me. I smiled and stood up after Aj finished checking me, she quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so glad your safe.." She muttered against my jacket, I smiled and nodded.

"Haha of course Clem. No walker is gonna bite me that easily!" I joked, she nudged my shoulder and I smirked, giving her a sly wink. Jame awkwardly cleared his throat, getting our attention.

"So... do you still think their "Just monsters"? Now that you've seen them at peace? Any different..? At all?" James addressed me, looking serious. I looked down, and sighed. I thought in depth about what I experienced in the farm, and I looked over at Clem and Aj who were waiting expectantly. I looked up at James, and nodded.

"Your right. There is.. definitely something there.. something.. more than just dead people being brought to life to eat people." I agreed, I smiled.

"It was actually.. pretty peaceful in there when I took a few breaths and calmed down." I added, James looked shocked, then a small smile appeared of his face. I was a bit taken back, since I've never seen him smile before. Clem looked at me.

"Really..?" She asked, shocked. I nodded.

"I'd never lie about something like this Clem. If you don't believe me.." I began, I put the mask out in front of me, offering it to her.

"You need to see it yourself." I finished. She stared at the mask and grabbed it from me. She looked over at James then at me, she nodded. She trusted me and my word, which is all I needed her to do.