Chapter Five - Broken And Stolen. (Violet Choice) {Part 2}

"I'd go to the coast! Just the sound of seagulls and the waves is so calming to me.." I smiled, thinking about the trips me, my mom, and my dad would take down to the beach and how I would play. (Thank you yourgirlaj for your input! 😀)

"Yeah.. sit by the water and put your feet in the cold water and make sand castles.. that would be the dream-"

"Until a crab or some other mysterious sea creature snaps your toe off, or you swim in jellyfish filled waters. Sound like a dream." Violet cut Brody off, I frowned.

"Would it kill you to live a little?" Brody added, she crossed her arms. Violet looked away. Brody turned to me.

"I've lived here my whole life. Heck, I'd say I know every inch of these woods, I'd kinda like to un-know it.." she began, she looked at the ground.

"No use dreaming of what it could be. We have shit to do." Violet quickly cut in again. I looked away, but the sad feeling stayed. Brody sighed.

"Yeah... I guess we should get to work on those fish... we got spears inside the shack." She spoke, beginning to walk to the small rundown shack. I shook off my sadness and followed her, I looked at the river, the sound of the water always calmed be down. I smiled, I followed Brody inside the shack, it was small and a bit cramped, there was a bed in the corner and a shelf. I looked at a small fire pit and smiled. Brody crouched down of the floor.

"Where are those spears?" She asked, she looked around the area confused. I began to help look around. Brody sighed.

"Hey... about Vi.. I'm sorry if she's being a little mean.. it's my fault." Brody admitted, I looked at her a bit confused,  she continued to explain.

"I was there... when those walkers killed Sophie and Minnie. They were really close with Vi and... I think she blames me for what happened to them.. I mean.. how do you even apologize for something that fucked up?.. maybe I deserve it.." Brody looked away, I frowned.

"I.. know how you feel. Seeing someone you care about die in front of you and not being able to do anything.. it's so painful.. but.. it's not your fault Brody. Things like this happen a lot.." I explained, she turned to me again.

"Still, I was the one that had to break the news to her and ever since I did she's become distant.." Brody added, I frowned. She leaned against a table and looked down.

"We all used to be friends... Guess I kinda missed that." She finished. I looked towards the floor. I felt pretty bad for Brody, she obviously cared about Violet, but she was probably too scared to talk to her. She then looked up at me with a big smile.

"But.. when you showed up.. I don't know, I just haven't seen her warm up to someone in a long time.." She told, my heart quickened a bit at what she said. I looked away and noticed two spears leaned against the wall. Brody looked toward them and walked over. She turned to me for a second.

"Do you... I'd hate to ask this of you but... do you think you could talk to her?" She turned around with the spears in her hand.

"You know... See how she feels.. about me?" Brody asked, I put my hand on my heart, and gave Brody a smile.

"Of course. I'll see what I can do." I agreed, She let out a sigh of relief. And smiled at me.

"Thanks (Y/N).." She told, I gave her a small nod. She then looked at the spears in her hands.

"I'm gonna go look at our fish traps downstream.." Brody explained, she bent down and picked up a bucket.

"Hey! What the hell is taking you two so long?!" Violets voice called out from outside, Brody let out a sad sigh.