Chapter Thirty-Two

© 2021, ItsLillieBro

____

Hailey

"Chase, come on, get up! We're supposed to meet Alpha Alain at the guest house for dinner," I told him while giggling.

"Oh, but our bed is so comfortable. Get back in it," Chase said as he grabbed me and pulled me on top of him.

I giggled once again and said, "No mister Alpha, we have to go. Especially because you wanted to do some more digging before we met with him."

"I had Andrew make some calls, he found out what we needed to know. There is definitely more to it than what he was letting on, I'll explain on the way there," Chase said as he finally climbed out of our bed.

We both got dressed and he explained the situation to me before we headed to the guest house.

"Alpha, Luna, nice to see you again. Thank you for your hospitality, this is a lovely place to stay," Alpha Alain greeted as we entered.

"Thank you, I'd like to take the credit but this was all my mother and Hailey," Chase told him as we settled at the table.

The pack cooks brought out some food and placed it on the table. We thanked them before turning back to Alpha Alain. We made small talk and when we were almost finished with dinner Chase decided to bring up the information he had found.

"So, would you like to explain what you're not telling us about Sheila?" Chase asked.

Alpha Alain shifted uncomfortably in his seat before he said, "I'm not sure-"

"I think you do, Alpha," Chase replied sternly.

He sighed before he asked, "Okay, well, what exactly do you know?"

"You tell us," I said, surprising them both by speaking.

"Sheila was one of my best warriors and at the top of the list for beautiful women in my pack. My beta was in love with her and he told me she was his mate. Obviously, since Vanderwall was her mate he lied about her being his mate. I was planning a mating ceremony for them and Sheila kept trying to meet with me, but I kept putting it off and I was hearing rumors about my beta that I didn't want to believe. Then we caught wind of you and she took that as her opportunity to run," he explained.

This was different than the story Chase had told me, and I was wondering how he was going to respond to that.

"Alpha, I'm going to give you a chance to tell me the full truth here," Chase warned sharply.

"Excuse-"

This time I spoke, "I believe he was clear, Alpha Alain."

Chase was unfazed by me speaking so bluntly to the Alpha, but Alpha Alain looked taken aback.

"That is the truth, I'm confused as to what you assume happened?" he questioned defensively.

"Really? Well, would you like for us to contact the royals and enlighten them on what you have been conducting in your pack? Since you don't want to admit what you have done," I told him and I watched him experience many different emotions very quickly before hiding them altogether.

"You know, Alpha, I was really hoping we would get along. I really wanted your pack to become an asset and vice versa. I'm sure we can work something out here, as you know I have many things to offer you and your pack," Alpha Alain said.

Chase and I exchanged a look before Chase addressed Alpha Alain, "Alpha if I didn't know any better I would say you were trying to bribe me?"

"Not a bribe, an ally," he replied almost smugly.