Eight

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 07/26/2020

_____________

Olivia

I shrugged my light jacket further onto my shoulders as I walked.  I was going to talk to Chase.

Not over family talk, Alpha talk.

Even though he wasn't Alpha yet, he was the next heir and he wanted me to rejoin the pack. His father had put him in charge of many pack duties to get him ready to take over in the next year.

When I moved to Oregon, I moved to human territory. I knew it wouldn't be safe being pregnant, or have a newborn, and trying to join a pack up there. I also didn't want to risk crossing their territories. So I stayed within the human territory.

It's not that I had a problem being in the pack, I didn't. I had been in one all of my life and felt secure doing so. Wolves feel safer and more comfortable in a pack. The only thing I was worried about was Andrew.

I sighed as I thought over what Chase had said. He was right, I needed to tell Andrew. Brayden needed a father, I was being selfish for keeping him from him. I just couldn't get past the pain he put me through.

My mate had hurt me deeply.

He was supposed to be my best friend, lover, my other half, and the person I could trust with my life. I couldn't see him doing that for me. Not to mention he doesn't deserve anything near that from me.

How was I supposed to trust him not to hurt Brayden well?

My wolf whimpered in the back of my mind, knowing we both had every reason to be afraid of that.

I sighed loudly as I gathered the strength to open the door to the pack house. I followed Chase's scent which led me to a door—his office I assumed.

I knocked politely, as I didn't want to interrupt.

"Yeah, okay," my wolf laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

Okay, so maybe it was because I was slightly stalling.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone yelled 'come in' from the other side. I hesitantly opened the door and lifted my head to see Chase, Andrew, and my uncle standing behind the desk.

"Livie! You've gotten so big!" My uncle greeted, getting up, and hugging me with a big smile.

I returned his hug, I had missed his happy personality. Of course, being an Alpha he only showed this side at certain times with certain people. Chase and I were always close so he considered me a daughter to him as did my aunt.

"Okay, back to the matter at hand," Chase said, the annoyance leaked from his voice.

Uncle Bates glared at his son but went back to his seat anyways.

My seat was in front of the desk, across from the three of them. I shifted in my seat, uncomfortable with the three gazes on me.

Especially Andrew's.

"So, what exactly are we here to talk about?" I asked quickly, I wanted to get back to Bray as soon as possible.

Chase rolled his eyes, "Your baby will still be there when you get back."

I growled at him, not liking the way he spoke of Brayden.

Andrew's jaw clenched and my uncle's face showed confusion, "What?"