Ten

© 2015, ItsLillieBro

Edited 08/12/2020

________

Hailey

We were two days in and so far the trip hadn't been that bad; and by that bad, I meant neither one of us had died.

He was a help when it came to me finishing all my homework, but I think it was so he could make cheeky remarks to me without being interrupted.

We were headed to the next place, which I had been really excited about. Apparently the reason for the trip, Olivia spilled over text, was because he was told about my want to visit all the states before I die.

Now obviously we couldn't go to them all on the trip, but we had gone to four in the first two days, so I was confident we would get more than a few checked off my list. Plus, Olivia and I did get to visit quite a few on our way to Alabama. That was mostly because we ended up getting tired of it taking so long and just drove the rest of the way instead of continuing to sight-see. 

I smiled thinking about it, and couldn't believe it had been three and a half months since we made that trip. It felt like that was a million years ago.

On this trip with Chase we were going to do what Olivia and I had originally intended; just to keep driving and sight-seeing till we got tired, then we would find a place to sleep.

"So, Hailey," Chase said, turning the music down a bit, "Tell me more about yourself."

I replied with a laugh, "What's there to tell?" As I pulled some of my hair behind my ear as it was flying in my face from the wind.

I pushed my sunglasses on my face and sent him a smile.

He returned it before he quickly turned his attention back to the road.

"Well come on there has to be something. The reason you came to the small town of Belmont, Alabama. Or what you love to do, who you really are. I want to know the real Hailey Winchester," he said genuinely, and I couldn't help but wonder why.

"Why?" I asked, as my voice gave away my bewilderment.

"Why what?" he asked, as he shifted his gaze between the road and me.

I took a deep breath in, loving having the top down in the old classic car, before I answered, "Why do you care so much? Since the day you met me you've been up my ass," I said with a laugh, "Trying to get to know me. Why? What is so great about me?"

He stopped the car and looked at me.

"You're just gonna stop the car in the middle of this-"

He cut me off, "You're beautiful, you're smart, you're funny, and you're kind but you're mean enough that no one walks all over you. You're unlike any other girl I've ever met. You're easy-going and anyone who's around you knows how likable you are. You're just that type of person. So yes, I have worked my ass off trying to get you to talk to me. It's not for some lay like most guys, I genuinely care about you and I'll always be here. I promise. I want to get to know you," he smiled with those perfect teeth before he continued, "And I think I might even like you."

I smiled and looked down, as I hoped my hair or sunglasses would help hide my blush. He just chuckled before he started the engine and continued down the back road we were going down.

"Thanks," I whispered shyly and he smiled.

"I'll always tell the truth when it comes to you. Oh I forgot one more thing, I very much enjoy your sweet ass," he winked.