Twenty-One

© 2018, ItsLillieBro

Edited 11/25/2020

_____

Hailey

I gasped and locked myself in the bathroom. Frantically finding my phone and unlocking it. I hit the number of the one person I needed and had wanted for weeks.

"What is it? I'm busy, Hailey," he grumbled on the phone, obviously still peeved at me.

My breath hitched as I tried to steady my breathing so I could talk on the phone. I was trying to be as quiet as I could and keep myself from crying. I didn't want him to hear me cry, I hadn't cried over him in months and I wasn't about to start now. 

I refused to give him that satisfaction.

"Hailey, what's wrong? Talk to me, love," he hurriedly said, as he sounded like he was shuffling around.

"He's here. I don't know how he found me, but he did," I whispered into the phone.

A low growl came over the phone, "This is why I didn't want you to go, let alone by yourself. I'm coming, are you where he can't get you?"

"Oh, lover, don't you know? You can't hide forever. I always get what's mine," he sang, on the other side of the door.

A snarl came from Chase, telling me he had heard him.

"I'm in the bathroom, the door is locked. I don't know how long before he gets in here though," I sniffled out, still trying to calm myself down.

Nothing was going to come of me being upset and flustered.

"Okay, stay put and call the police. I will be there as soon as I can beautiful, I'm so sorry for everything. I love you, beautiful," he rushed out and I choked as a quiet sob came from my lips.

"I love you," I replied before hanging up.

I began to call 911 when the phone died.

"No!" I screamed, beginning to panic. 

Why didn't I call them first?

I began to look for something to defend myself with. I looked up at the shower curtain, my eyes settled on the rod. I hesitantly, and quietly removed it from the wall. I grasped it in my hand, ready to swing as I opened the door with the other hand. I slowly creaked the door open and didn't see him. I slowly opened it more and swung open seeing something move from the corner of my eye. I had inadvertently closed my eyes.

When I peeled them open I was met with darkness.

Oh, no...

I felt around and realized I was on the bed. 

My breath hitched, was it only a dream? 

I looked around for the lamp and hurriedly flipped it on. No one was in here, I must have dreamt it. It wouldn't surprise me, I hadn't slept well lately. That would also explain Chase and I telling each other we loved each other, as that hadn't happened yet.

That would really suck to be the way we said it for the first time.

I must have been so exhausted from the day with Aunt Gianna that I just fell right asleep, going to bed like a zombie. The last few weeks had been both mentally and physically exhausting. I was glad I had found out everything, but I just wanted to go home.

Home.

What did that word even mean? Olivia and I's home or Chase.

I knew it was the latter.