Thirty-One

© 2020, ItsLillieBro

____

Hailey

"Okay ladies, let's get to it!" Shelby exclaimed happily.

Olivia forced a smile onto her face and I tried to give one as well. We were all excited, but this was the first time anyone had been able to get Olivia's mom out of the house since her father's death. She hadn't spoken since we picked her up, only a nod of acknowledgment when we said hello to her. Aunt Gianna was also going with us, once I convinced her to leave her mate for a few hours. They were adorable but I rarely saw her because of it. She had just gotten back from a trip with him a few days after Brian's funeral, thankfully someone else caught her up about everything so I didn't have to.

I was happy to finally get to spend some time with her and the other ladies. I decided I needed to shake off all the stress I felt because this day was to be a happy one and that would only benefit everyone. The love of my life wanted to marry me and I to him, so I needed to embrace making that happen.

"So, do you have any kind of style in mind?" Olivia asked.

I shrugged and this began with loads of questions from the ladies. I sighed but smiled as they all yammered on.

...

After trying on loads of dresses the ladies had thrown at me, I finally tried on one of the two I had picked out myself. I stared at myself as I stood in front of the floor-length mirror and smoothed out the white dress with a smile.

It was beautiful.

I couldn't help but feel saddened at the fact my mother wasn't here. It was something I had dreaded all of my life, knowing that if I ever did make it to this point she wouldn't share this day with me.

I attempted to shake it off and walked out of the dressing room.

"Oh, sweetie, you look so beautiful," Shelby gushed as she began to tear up.

Aunt Gianna agreed and wiped a few tears away as she said, "You look just like your mother on her wedding day, you are both so beautiful."

Shelby stood up and grabbed both my hands and said, "I'm so happy you are my son's mate. I'm so happy I have gained you as another daughter."

Tears swelled in my eyes as well and I smiled before embracing her. We held each other before a moment before stepping back and turning our attention to the other two women with us. Carrie, for the first time today, had a small smile on her face and was embracing Olivia as the two looked at us.

"You truly look beautiful in that dress," Carrie said quietly.

I smiled and thanked her and Olivia agreed with her mother.

"So," Olivia said looking at me hopefully, "Is this the one?"

I smiled confirmed her question with a nod, "This is the one."

They yelled happily and we let the woman helping us know this was the one. Once they put my dress in a bag we paid and they had me ring the bell they had for brides who found their dresses. I heard a snap of a camera to my left and smiled that the saleswoman had captured our picture. It was a large polaroid.

As we headed out to the car I stared at it with a smile. Olivia and Aunt Gianna were hugging me as I laughed and rang the bell. Carrie and Shelby embraced each other as they stared at us with adoration.

It made me so happy.

I thought about my dress and the wedding the entire way home. Once we got home Aunt Gianna pulled me aside and said, "Sweetie, could you come to my room with me? I have something I'd like to give you."